Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tomorrow is going to suuuuck

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thezentree, Dec 15, 2006.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Well, not really, I should be getting my truck back, and it's Friday and most of my friends are back in town, so tomorrow night is gonna be crazy.

But it's 5:30am and I'm wide awake. And I haven't even been drinking. :doah:

2. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Sounds like fun. Today is my last day of work til Jan 2nd. woohoo. Going up north to do some 4x4/camping. Hope to see a lil bit of snow (nothing too crazy). lol.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Lucky bastard:p:

4. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You dont have your truck back yet? Dam! That was a great trip!!:D

5. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

man, I hope I get Cristy's Tahoe back today. my nephew and I went thru a path in a field and sunk to the axle. A 2wd isn't really good for that kind of situation :doah: :crazy: . I'm surprised she didn't make me sleep on the couch last night!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

No pics? :rolleyes:

7. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

no. the only pic I should have got was Cristy's expression when I carried her out there to see it this morning :haha: :haha:.

8. thezentree

Tim, my truck has been in and out of the shop since the trip. It was fine for about a month, but I broke it a few weeks ago backing out of a parking spot at the movie theater (Little Miss Sunshine is an insane movie, for the record) on a Friday night. Dropped it off at the dealer the next Monday, got it back that Wednesday, broke it again the following Friday, dropped it off Monday and just got it back yesterday, with a new torsion bar crossmember this time. I think they set the TB keys a little higher than stock though. It still needs balljoints and a pitman/idler arm, because driving down to Shallotte today felt like driving a boat. A really slow, ugly, green boat.

Jonathan, I'm glad you're teaching the kid the way of CK5. Good work :thumb:

My buddy got outta the mental institution earlier today as well. I talked to him on the phone and he sounded like he was pretty much back to normal. Other than waking up with a wicked hangover, this weekend has started off pretty well.

9. GotLabs

I hate that you jacked it up so bad that weekend.

10. thezentree

I do too man, but I had a ton of fun doing it.

I think that I'm gonna keep it on the street for the most part from now on. I'm bailing on the SAS, because my parents are paying for all this work as my Christmas present. It'll see the beach and maybe some dirt roads and the occasional mudhole, but no more rocks. I'm wanting an early 80s yota truck for that. And I think it's partly your fault. :rotfl:

11. GotLabs

That you want a yota?:D

12. thezentree

Yea.

I actually looked at some trucks like your wife's earlier this summer, but they're just a little too far out of my price range. But seeing how it walked trails that my truck wouldn't get up on the wrong end of a cable made me want one even more. And on top of that, I'm starting to realize that I don't have the money to maintain a fullsize trail rig.

13. GotLabs

No kidding on the pricey. I joke with her about selling it all the time, I want a CC or 3/4t Suburban. She wont have that though.