Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tongue tilt trailer questions

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by bad_bo_ti, Jun 22, 2005.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

i see a lot of these smaller tongue tilt trailer for sale and was wondering how to convert an existing trailer to one or build one? i am sure there has to be a certain % of the load in a certain area for it tilt automatically when a pin is pulled, plus i would need a good latching/release mechanism, any ideas, this is for my bed trailer i am wanting to make. i was going to go hydraulic tilt on it but all the stuff is expensive plus everything i would need would cut into my gross trailer weight. any ideas or suggestions are appreciated, thanks, chris

2. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

How big of a trailer are you looking to build, and how much weight will it hold?

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

well its a 8 foot pickup bed trailer i am making to haul dirt gravel wood ect. the weight will be what ever the 14sf axle can handle, i got a ff i can put under though!!

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Just make the trailer with the tongue hinged in front of the axle and get a Harbour freight hydraulic cylinder for $40.
    That's how I will make mine.
    If you don't finish it before I make mine I will post how I did it.
    :D
    IceMan