Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tons of funky audio placement ideas and completed ideas

Discussion in 'Audio' started by supersize75, Sep 4, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

For starters I have a 75 blazer, top is off and tube doors, so theft proofing and simplicity are key issues to deal with here.

For the xm radio "pioneer" I mounted the control modual in the ash tray, stealthy and to further injure/deture the thief I tack welded about 9 or 10 exacto knife blades to the side and back, so if they try to rip it out, they are ganna be sorry mother f-ers.
    Also has a mail box syle lock on it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]
    For the xm brain I mounted it to the metal part right under the dash, then used sheet metal to deflect water in case it gets in there.

The stereo is mounted behind the dash besel insert, I recessed the stereo and then hinged the besel and added heavy duty velcro for now.

As for the stock stereo location, I have a 197? JC Penny tape player acting as a "dummy deck" to deter thieves!

As for the speakers, I oppted to cheap out because I could lose them to theft, they will be be mounted in a 2 speaker encloser on the tranny hump, with 1 facing each way, covered with carpet and the shape will conform to the truck to look like its just a spot for switches.

I have 2 pioneer subs that I planed on making enclosure in the side anels, or a spot in a sub box bolted to the floor in place of a console.

AS for storage of straps I am designing drawers that will be behing the rear wheel wells but when the tail gate is up it will look like a normal side panel.

as for the sub I am leaning twoard a dedicated box in the cosole spot but wonering how it will sound????

So what do you guys think of my plans? What are the faults?

The amp will be mounted inside the side panel with a "air intake" from the door frame and exit some where in the wheel well to prevent heat build up /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Those razor blades are a BAD idea.....

I know it gives you a satisfying sense of "justice" if someone ever tries to rip you off, but I heard of a case where a thief was injured by that exact setup when stealing a deck from a car...... want to guess what happened?

He SUED the owner of the car for nerve damage to his hands, and WON!!! Got a lot of money and the driver (the good guy) got screwed big time.

Laws sometimes seem to protect the wrong people. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    As for the speakers, I oppted to cheap out because I could lose them to theft, they will be be mounted in a 2 speaker encloser on the tranny hump, with 1 facing each way, covered with carpet and the shape will conform to the truck to look like its just a spot for switches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post some pics of this when you are done

4. supersize75

what if I posted a warning,

Warning..

Stealing the stereo deck will cause insane amounts of pain and suffering, owner not responsable for your health ya bastard!

and put it on the deck, or near it /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Also I like the idea of puting a fake LowJack sticker on my truck /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

WARNING: This Vehicle is monitered by a Low Jack Satilite tracking system.

5. supersize75

will do /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

love the ash tray idea(placement, not the blades). . .i just might do that! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. supersize75

blades are out now as of yesterday, but very sensitive "and loud " alarm is in, I roughted the alarm in to the cowl in front of the winshield and hid it in there along with all the wiring, I restudded the juntion block on the fire wall to go through the fire wall and so it has a hidden terminal inside there for power, I was thinling about adding a motor cycle battery in there too so if one is shut off, the other can still keep the alarm going. working on the second battery wiring still though. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

so instead of the juntion block being ( -1 ) is now( -1- )

pretty cool huh /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif