Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tonsils cut out

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Aug 19, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I'm getting my tonsils cut out on the 23rd.
    Anyone have it done, besides when they are a baby? I don't want them to come out, I am missing work. Oh well-it should benefit me in the future.

Anyways..

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

my causin just had them out at 17 years old. felt like crap for around 3-5 days. then better now. got some GOOD pain drugs tho.:wink1: :p:

3. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

You get to eat ALOT of ice cream. :D
    They made me eat lots of cold soft stuff so ice cream was my poison :D

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

35 yrs old and I still have mine

5. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I had mine out when I was 9. That was 1982. Back then I had to stay in the hospital 3 days. Now it's out patient. They roll you in, cut 'em out and your on the way home. You'll feel bad for a few days, but no big deal. I'm guessing you are sick alot with the sinus crap???? If so you will not be sick nearly as much afterwards. I had to have mine cut out b/c my 3rd grade teacher sent a note home to my mother saying that I was having hearing problems. :crazy: I ended up having tonsils, and adenoids removed and tubes put in ears. Good luck.

6. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Make sure you keep them so we can compare sizes. These are my 4 year old sons. Not sure if it's the adnoids or just his tonsils.

[​IMG]

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I still have mine... But a friend of mine got sick with something... And one of hers exploded :eek1: :haha:

I kinda wish I could've seen that, however the description of vomit mixed with various other fluids probably would've been too much for me to look at :doah:

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

better your TONSILS than your ***&^%$#

I still have mine (I think!)..my tonsils I mean!...I'd rather lose both tonsils than my right testicle :eek1: :yikes: :yikes: :doah: ...lost mine to cancer.. :doah: :frown1: :eek: ..something I wouldn't want to happen to anyone,even a worst enemy...it still hurts to this day,and I had it removed nearly 5 years ago...no amount of ice cream helps either!... :crazy: Good luck,hope everything comes out ok!.. : :rolleyes: :wink1:

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Im not allowed to eat icecream for a few days because it leaves a thick mucous that is hard to swallow.

popsicles...mmm...

estaban, I will try to keep mine. I am getting the tonsils and adenoiuds out. So I will see what I can do. I think it will smell when it gets old though :crazy:

10. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Well you don't keep them FOREVER!! :doah: YOu bring them home look at them on the counter when you about to eat some popsicles and then throw them away. :rolleyes:

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Well it sounded like you kept your sons still?

I'll feed them to the birds...

12. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

yep, got mine cut out about 3 years ago (I'm almost 33)...not too bad.

No ice cream, like you said makes mucus, which makes you cough, and you don't need to cough, as the main problem for older folks getting them out is bleeding.

I was able to eat soft foods like mini-ravoli and other chef boyardee stuff the first day.

The wife said I was off 2 weeks from work. I can't remember...I know it was at least a week... you can't strain or lift anything for risk of bleeding.

I had a good doc though. Gave me liquid lortab and 20mg oxycontin for pain. He said alot of docs won't give the oxycontin because of all the bad press from folks abusing it, but as long as used as directed, it is safe. I never felt messed up off of it or anything.

I've had sore throats that were worse...I imagine it would have hurt more without the pain medicine he gave me.

I had mine taken out because I was getting food particles in them that were making "Tonsiloliths", or tonsil stones. Best move I ever made.

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I've had strepped throat before, along with "mono"...how is the pain compared to that?

14. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

not as bad as strep throat, but like I said, I had a doc that gave me good pain meds....he said most just give their patients the lorcet or whatever, it in older patients, it's just not enough.

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Alright good, I'll survive :haha: