Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tony Chachere's

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 19, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Tony Chachere\'s

I was introduced to this stuff a few months back when I was in Louisianna and I must say I'm hooked. Its quickly become my favorite seasoning. Anyone else love this stuff? Eating a plate of cup o noodles seasoned with it right now(I drain off the broth and just eat the noodles).

2. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Re: Tony Chachere\'s

corn. coat with some butter, season liberally and throw it on the grill. mm-mmm, that's some good stuff.

put it on just about anything else my wife will let me. have blood pressure issues and that stuff is loaded with sodium so I have to be careful.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

definetally loaded with sodium, if you check their site they have low and no sodium versions. Probably not as good but its worth a look see. Even my dad has found he likes it, whenever we have flounder now he coats it in Tony's before cooking. Corn is definetally something I will have to try this summer! Got to wait for yellow corn, not a fan of white.

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Tony's is the shizznit!

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah I just wish I were introduced to it much sooner in life, we don't have it up here so I have to get it sent to me or buy it off their website.

6. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    definetally loaded with sodium, if you check their site they have low and no sodium versions. Probably not as good but its worth a look see. Even my dad has found he likes it, whenever we have flounder now he coats it in Tony's before cooking.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, never knew they had it!! i'll have to check it out the next time i'm at the store.

[ QUOTE ]
    Corn is definetally something I will have to try this summer! Got to wait for yellow corn, not a fan of white.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here. we froze a whole mess of yellow corn at the end of last summer to last us through winter and early spring. almost out now, but the early corn is already in the ground.

7. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

My wife and I partied with the people who run that place when we at Sturgis last year. Had a blast. They gave us a bunch of free stuff like cookbooks and spices and misc.

As far as being loaded with sodium, of course it is, the main ingredient is salt.

John

8. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

That stuff kicks ass on pizza /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

must agree

10. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    corn. coat with some butter, season liberally and throw it on the grill. mm-mmm, that's some good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    evryone here has blood pressure probs

11. rooferbret

rooferbret 1/2 ton status

My wife uses the green can (creole) on everything! Has for years. With out a doubt the best seasoning there is!! She finds it in the ethnic isle at most grocery stores. when i married her i was at 175 now 220! bp? who cares! love her cooking! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

this is the north, we don't carry anything more "ethnic" or out there than fortune cookies. Doesn't help that the food store we go to is run by strict conservative religious folks(mennonites to be exact).

13. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair