Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tony needs some stuff for or website...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by gokartergo, Apr 25, 2002.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

1. Who we are? mission statement
    2. Member Roll call. Names
    This is who I have listed
    Gokartergo
    Nosmog73
    Burt4x4
    Greg72
    Useyourblinker
    KidJethro
    Chaz88K5
    DuneRunner
    Zakk
    SAVAGE1
    RYANB
    FRIZZLEFRY
    Goldrush
    chris672
    tmanofcali
    BRBoudreaux
    The85k5
    xplosuv
    Eric M.
    rockink5
    Confederate80K20
    BlazenHeart
    1 FN HI K5
    ChevyCaGal
    TopOff
    sarazk5
    barbastard
    LiftedAssDodge
    1979Jimmy
    724fishin
    96C4and91K5
    shewheeler
    MilpitasK5
    DuneRunnersDad
    Corey 78K5
    4X4HIGH
    70~K5
    Priest
    ibrakeformud
    breyon55
    CRAWLIN70

3. Join club Info. What are the rules? Requirerments

2. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

please...... lol

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

well i think a fire extinguisher should be madatory equipment/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

gimme some material and i can write something up. i just need a direction for my epifiany (sp?) to go...

damn i can't speel....

4. gokartergo

I started looking...<a target="_blank" href=http://www.californiajeeper.com/index.htm>http://www.californiajeeper.com/index.htm</a> And went to other clubs...Dan

5. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

now now i dunno bout equiptmetn that we should all have, cause i know i dont really wanna buy a bunch of stuff, maybe just that someone on the trip has to have it

and you know ill go get stuck some more if you guys want more pictures haha

6. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I think there should be a mandatory equiptment list. Nothing big just the common stuff. Tow strap, fire extinguisher, maybe a shovel. Simple stuff like that. Winches and other heavy recovery equiptment is great to have, but I do understand that not everyone can afford or have a real use for it. Don't get me wrong, I believe you should have everything needed, and hopfully soon will, but for simple trail rides is not needed.

7. gokartergo

I really don't want to make a mandatory list of equipment..We all now what we should have.. But we can't afford it all at once..I should have a winch and a 14ff and a D60 with ARB...If I put that on my credit card I'll be sleeping in the Blazer...LOL.. I'm not sure how to head on this one..That's wy I asked it..Maybe we should have Tony put it up as a future part of the site???...Dan

8. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Rules... I ment more of Moral responsibility and all that other tree hugging s*it that makes every one feel good about us bashing through the wood and such. LoL
    And a mission statement as:
    "We the Nor-Cal Big Dawgs belive in treading lightly and only using designated area's. Bla bla bla.

Im hopeing that when we all get together there should be enough resources for every body should be safe, But everybody should have a fire extingusher.

Just my thought, What do ya all think?

9. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

Insead of a mandatory list, have a list of things that we should eventually get. I have been building my truck for the past year and Blazer Fest will my first official event and I wouldn't mind having a list of some things that I should have. Some things may seem obvious to you but not to others.

10. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Sounds good. Got a little carried away with the last post, had a bad week. Moral rules would be good . maybe a "suggested" list of equiptment could be made up in the future

11. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

There's a new page " Suggested Equipment"

Thanks,
    Tony

12. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Well here Is my 2 cents

We are the Nor-Cal Big Dawgs our mission statement is to enjoy the oppertunities that we have to four wheel in the outdoors and do what is in good sense to help to protect those rights..
    We belive in a safe and fullfilling time on the trail
    We are a great belivers in pack it in pack it out idealogy and to leave our wheeling areas cleaner than we left it..
    We will help to support our fellow persons to fight any type of trail closure that will take our right to open areas away..
    We above all welcome any and all people in our club regardless of what you do or don't have..
    When wheeling we want a safe time of it and those that can't make it safe will be asked to leave the trail we all want to go home to our loved ones..
    We respect the trails and areas that we wheel in and belive in treading lightly (leave this out- But we can still spin the donuts in the mud holes)
    Above all we want to be safe and respecting on the trail...

How that....mike

Ok thats what I have for now...mike

13. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Very Cool,
    Please finish it as your on a roll with it.
    Send a pm to me when your done, I would apreciate it.

Thanks,
    Tony

14. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Here is a mission statement from the club I used to belong to Black Hills 4 Wheelers:

We are a special group of 4-wheel drive enthusiasts who enjoy responsible 4-wheeling. We hold monthly club meetings, trail rides, and other special community service activities related to our 4-wheeling hobby. We encourage all 4-wheelers 18 years of age and older to join us in our fun. The Black Hills 4-Wheelers is a non-profit organization.

We do just about anything and everything that can involve a 4-wheel drive vehicle. Among other things, we trail ride and camp; have monthly meetings with programs relating to 4-wheeling; we do community and Forest Service work projects; we assist Pennington County as Search &amp; Rescue volunteers; and we publish a monthly news letter... The Back Country Times. Every year we host the greatest 4-Wheeling Extravaganza called the Dakota Territory Challenge. It is held over the Labor Day weekend and typically draws 200+ 4-wheelers from 15-20 states and Canada. The Dakota Territory Challenge is our fund raiser and we use the money raised from the Challenge to do Forest Service work projects and we also donate money each year to other local organizations. We are a member of the United Four Wheel Drive Associations and we promote responsible 4-wheeling. We are on the Board of Directors of the Black Hills Regional Multiple Use Coalition, an organization concerned with preserving public lands for multiple uses. We are also involved with the Resource Advisory Council (RAC) in our area. We have our own Land Use Chairman to keep us in touch with the Forest Service on issues affecting 4-wheeling in the Black Hills and National Grasslands. We are extremely concerned with road closures, wilderness proposals, and other issues that adversely impact 4-wheeling.

The following is from Eastern Ontario Trail Blazers club:

To provide organized, structured, responsible four wheeling for members.

To promote and educate safe four wheeling techniques.

To pool the resources of members.

To focus a means for members to share recreational, social, educational and land-use management/conservation activities on a level which encourages and provides for direct and significant input from each member.

To focus activities on recreational four wheeling and local, regional and national issues affecting trail riding.

To participate in and support civic activities which will benefit local communities and enhance the public image of recreational four wheeling and its enthusiasts.

To promote responsible driving both on and off pavement through observance of provincial and federal vehicle laws, and by education of its members concerning appropriate off-pavement vehicle equipment, driving techniques, and the principals of Tread Lightly.

Their rules are:

The objective of the club is enjoyment, not competition. Practices involving “daring” or “egging on” are not acceptable. Members must be left to choose for themselves what obstacles they prefer to try or go round.

The philosophy of Tread Lightly must be adhered to as strictly as possible. This means that vehicles should stick to the trail whenever possible and respect the environment.

There will be no littering. This includes lit tobacco.

If someone gets stuck, all vehicles must wait until the vehicle is freed, and follow the instructions of the trail leader. People are not required to help extract a stuck vehicle or perform other work on the trail but the sport does require a team effort. Vehicles may be left in the stuck position provided there is a consensus amongst the participants. People will never be left behind.

Participants are required to have valid driver licenses and insurance.

Drivers are responsible for the behavior of guests traveling in their vehicles.

The Trail Leader is the boss on the trail. Members must adhere to the instructions of the Trail Leader. If the behavior of a Trail Leader is inappropriate in the eyes of drivers, then a complaint should be made to the Board of Directors, who will deal with the issue.

Just trying to help.
    David

15. gokartergo

I like the Eastern Ontario Trail Blazers club one..Dan

16. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I like that one alot too....mike--Thanks david

17. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

So should I use that one with a couple modifications to it?

I like it

18. ibrakeformud

ibrakeformud 1/2 ton status

well since ive started working i will be joining as soon as i get paid so you can add another to the list of members thnxs david

19. gokartergo

I put you on the list..Please PM Nosmog73 with all your info..Name address phone # and email address..Thanks Dan

20. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

WOW lots of good stuff!!
    Mabie we should take some info from each and compile our own version. I like the part about not leaving someone behind stuck! I guess that's my job anyway...."Hey Burt! Bring that winch over here!!"/forums/images/icons/smile.gif Mabie I should paint my K5 AAA Yellow??hehehehe
    Great job TEAM!
    I don't have a very good vocabulary(sp?) so I'll leave the "write Up" to you educated folk!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif