Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Too many keys *Pictures*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 28, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

My wad of keys was up to 30 today. I eliminated 6 just now, from 3 trucks that arent even running anymore. So now I have 24 keys on my main key chain. 6 different vehicles, 6 doors (house, garage, camp trailer), some padlocks and some locking gas caps. Sometimes I wonder if people notice them in my pocket (I hope not). And yes, I know, that much weight wears out the ignition key switch in a vehicle over time.

How many keys do most normal people have on the key chain they use every day?

My keys:

Main Key Ring

Secondary Key Ring

The Key Box

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Re: Too many keys

3 I use everyday (K5/house), 6 I use every week (K5/House/old Pontiac/work men's room), maybe 7 total I might use in a month (K5/house/pontiac/men's room/Intrepid).

I used to carry my old Dodge keys to honor her memory (killed in an accident a few years ago), but they were wearing out, so I took them off...

Alan, 30 keys is way too many!! Yougotta seriously consider losing some wieght there bud!!

3. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

I have the following: 1 house door key, 1 house deadbolt key, 2 keys for my gun cases, 1 ea - door & ignition key for truck, 1 key for other building, and I think that about covers it... The gun case keys aren't even real, regular size keys, smaller they are... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Oh plus the little key chain that holds my little knife which I cannot seem to locate but belongs clipped to the keychain thing... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i have 4 and use 2. suburban door, suburban ignition, my house, my grandma's house.

for work i have a lot though. fuel pump locks cab locks ignitions in different pieces of equipment, i don't know why we don't have a master key for all the trenchers and other VERMEER products.

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i have 4 and use 2. suburban door, suburban ignition, my house, my grandma's house.

[/ QUOTE ] same here, except replace suburban, with truck.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

size keys, smaller they are...

[/ QUOTE ] "When Jedi Knight are you, keys you carry less will be as well."

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Lets see I got keys to the Blazer, pickup and Pontiac on my reguler keyring. I dont bother with a house key cause I don't lock the door except at bed time. For work I have 4 shop keys 2 gate keys 1 fuel key 1 old and 1 new Caterpiller master keys 1 Kamatsu master key 1 ASV master key 1 Case key and an office key. Plus I have keys for my toolbox gates at home and other locks here and there.

8. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I dont bother with a house key cause I don't lock the door except at bed time

[/ QUOTE ]

gee somewhere other than VT people do that too ???

I leave the key in my car- leave the key in my truck, so we only have 1 set of keys we "carry" has Johns truck key, the remote, his mom's house key- and the key to the office at the shop

Brandy

9. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i have about 12 keys on my ring. I used to have 2x as much weight with my Lucky Charms. There were things on my keys that brought me luck for years. weights so much my pants would fall off. not as much now.

I still have 3 lucky charms, 2 keyless entry pads, 2 truck keys, 1 civic key, 1 lancer key, 4 house kets, 1 padlock key, and 1 key to my old dorm room.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I use to carry mongo keys, but only about 5 these days.

Though on a side note, a good ring of keys makes a good improvised self defense weapon. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. joker89blazer

joker89blazer 1/2 ton status

Maybe you should break your keyring down to smaller sets of keys.I have to carry several sets.I normally carry three key rings and a key book and leave the extra keys in whatever I am driving at the time. With office, warehouse, shop, service keys, service truck, blazer, car, toyota, home, home shop,and keys to many differant laundry stores it is just to much to carry in pockets. Breaking up keys into sets is sometimes the best thing to do.

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I leave the key in my car- leave the key in my truck

[/ QUOTE ]
    So do I in my Blazer and Truck but my wife always takes the keys out of her car. I always rag her about it and she says she dont want anyone to steal it. I say "we live in the friggin mountains and if some dumb bastard gets by the dogs then they just chose to get pumped full of lead" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i got ya beat by one....sad thing is i use almost all of them everyday...and the one day i dont carry one around...i need it...plus i feel nakid without em..i dont know why..i guess its kinda like you wallet missin...something just dosent feel right if its missing out of your pocket.. same goes for my cell phone...if thats missing out of my pocket..i go nuts... guess i am just a freek

14. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I always rag her about it and she says she dont want anyone to steal it

[/ QUOTE ]

worst part about this is when john takes my truck, the next day I go to leave, get the kids bundled up, load up the truck, buckle them in, jump in the front, and the d*mn keys are no where to be found....just leave um where they belong darn it!

drives me crazy! take the keys out of your truck if you want, but leave mine alone....can only think of a few places where I take my keys with me, mostly I'll pull them outta the igntion and toss them in the center console...

Brandy