Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

too much for a 91 burban?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigoltrux77, Sep 24, 2003.

1. bigoltrux77

bigoltrux77 1/2 ton status

The same dealer that had the crap K5 in the back, also has a clean ass 91 3/4 ton burban up front on the ramp. Its 3/4 ton, 4x4, 350, AT, Loaded, two tone paint (green and gold), the passenger window button is broken and wthe wiper motor is broken. It has 125K miles too. Brand new 265 BFG ATs. Its listed at $5995. Is it worth that much? I saw very little rust..Very good shape. runs great, everything works.

2. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Can't rightly say without a peek at it, but I can say i sure wouldn't sell MY 91 1/2 ton (well, more than 1/2 ton with the 14FF rear i guess).. for that little!!!
    Had this about 4 1/2 years or so, got it at about 93K, had to do the tranny (700R4), the rear-end twice (when a 10 bolt...) and one of those pesky window switches ($20-ish and some barked knuckles).. Went 4 row radiator (for towing) and a tranny cooler, and pretty much stock other than that...
    Will he wiggle any on that price? Have a local mechanic (experienced in 4x4's)to check it out?
    Often when this old, it's what the market will bear...

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Check it for rust carefully. If there's rot-through anywhere (look at seam in inner rear fenderwells) don't give him that much. I'd try to talk the dealer down closer to 5,000-5,200 even if it's solid. Any rust and that price should drop even more. Just go around the truck pointing out this and that and the dealer will realize he's not going to get what he's asking. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif My word of advice; the midwest sucks for rust and you're going to be battling rust forever. Try not to start with a rusty truck. You can by trucks from Texas, Arizona, etc and have them shipped up here for far less than a truck will cost here after rust repairs are made.

As for the truck...sounds awesome. And, with that year and 3/4 ton badging...you're getting the 4l80e transmission. That transmission will make any 700R4 owner drool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Six grand and the word "broken"? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ... when a new switch costs them twenty bucks ... cheapskates.

OTOH, a 91 3/4 ton should have the 4L80E tranny (older 3/4's had the TH400) ... nice.

5. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

www.kbb.com

1991 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 Sport Utility

Engine: V8 5.7 Liter
    Trans: Automatic
    Drive: 4 Wheel Drive
    Mileage: 125,000
    Equipment
    Silverado
    Air Conditioning
    Power Steering
    AM/FM Stereo

Retail Value $4,980

It had better be mint according to Kelly Blue Book! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

-Dan

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Last year I paid $5500 for my 91 V2500 - with NO rust and in great original condition. In your area of the Salt/Rust belt I'd check the rust situation first. Great rigs tho.......... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif