Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

too real

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ntsqd, Nov 10, 2005.

1. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Last edited: Nov 10, 2005
  2. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

i hate hippys....and i hate vegans even more....vegetarians are fine tho....im filled with hate ;o

3. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

Well that just ruined my day...Especially the vomitous garbage about ANWR.

4. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

How sad.... Clicky

And the number of Bamboo products actually makes me sick.... WTF, is bamboo not a tree?? I know it grows insanely fast in the proper environment, but making chairs and tables from 20 bamboo trees for one table or chair is just as bad as cutting down a black walnut tree for a single gun stock....

I'm not a tree hugger, but these people are just plain dumb...

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Look I admitted the Black Walnut was a mistake, alright?? If I knew what it was before I bucked it, I would have made good use of it... :D

BTW, you'll be pleased to know I'm drying some pieces to use for something... Not sure what yet, but something...

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Black Walnut??

Eh--I'm in the process of burning the remains of my friends 1950's Chris-Craft boat he was going to let sink in Plymouth harbor--its made mostly of either teak,or walnut..it burns with a nice blue flame,and will keep me warm most of the winter..it stinks when it burns though,like their is fiberglass resin in it,or maybe walnut always smells bad when it burns..?? Bet the tree huggers all hate me now..wait till I finish cutting the dead cherry trees down in the front yard.. :crazy:

I wonder how many trees it took to build the boat?..I kind of hate to burn it,but there isn't a whole lot else I can do with it..he sawed it into stove sized peices for the most part,and the few large peices he didn't are slathered with tons of paint,spar varnish,and some caulk..lots of walnut plywood used in it too..some of that I'm going to salvage..the rest is ash now.. :smirk: :rotfl:

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

No, bamboo is a grass..

j