Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Took my concealed carry class today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, May 30, 2004.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

8hrs and it was great. I figured I'd have to sit in there and try to keep my butt awake, but heck the instructors did a wonderful job of keeping the info running out of their mouths. I learned a hell of alot of things that I really had no clue about or even thought about before today. First part of the day was just absorbing info. Then before lunch we took a 15 question exam. If you didn't pass then their was no need to return from lunch. Was actually surprised that someone failed it. After lunch we fired off 50 rounds, first at 5 yards, then at 3 yards. Let me tell ya, some people have no business with a firearm, much less with a liscense stating the can carry one. Some of these people were missing the target from 9 feet!!! Anyhow it was a great experience and I thought I'd share it.

P.S. Buy all the firearms you can before it's to late....

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

cool beans. For work we had a 7/5/3 yard shooting course and some of the guys in my shop can't shoot for crap. The qual requirements were, IMO, way to easy. After we qualified, I stayed a bit late and shot the same course, this time shooting as fast as I possibly could the required number of rounds from each distance.... and I still qualified. I wasnt even really trying, just blasting away. lol! anyway, good job getting the permit and you're 100% right on gettin the good guns now... they wont be around forever...

j

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Congrats man, I took mine a few weekends ago and am waiting for the state of Texas to send me mine...

What are you planning on carrying? Just curious.

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I don't have the permit yet. I got to wait up to 12 weeks to get it and thats if I get it. I haven't done anything wrong not to get it, so if they turn me down it'll be for their own reasons. I took the class with a Taurus pt100 and I'll probably use it in the winter and my pt140 in the summer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    After lunch we fired off 50 rounds, first at 5 yards, then at 3 yards. Let me tell ya, some people have no business with a firearm, much less with a liscense stating the can carry one. Some of these people were missing the target from 9 feet!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there??????????????????

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Bubbsss, you couldn't aim???? What the hell, you're from Oklahoma were we are born with a 12 gauge in our hand. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hmmm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Congrats! I'm rushing my application in tomorrow to the SCPD for a sportsmans license (no concealed carry unless you've been mugged and beaten at least 100 times and you're a cop on a mafia hit list).

My wife's grandfather just passed away, and my father in law was over the other day saying "I don't know what we're gonna do with all his guns, he had a lot". I was standing there kickin myself in the arse cause I've been sitting on this application til I get training, and had I put it in when I got it, I might have my permit now and be able to help him get rid of the guns /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Anyway, Congrats! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Bubbsss, you couldn't aim???? What the hell, you're from Oklahoma were we are born with a 12 gauge in our hand. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hmmm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, when I show up at the scene, I usually don't have any problems once the bad guys see my sidearm.
    [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Seriously, I'm okay with a pistol, I personally think it's the pistol and not me. But the scattergun and rifle, well let's just say that if I ever deploy them during an incident and have to utilize it, I've got game /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Wanna sell it to me cheap??? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I might have my permit now and be able to help him get rid of the guns

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ratch -
    What's he have and how much? PM me.

Mike