Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

took my son in for his 4-month innoculations today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Topdown, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

So, I took my son in for his vaccinations today... I think I am scarred for life. emotionally I have been on the edge ever since the nurse said, "ok dad, hold his leg here and here..." then proceeded to jab 4 needles roughly the length of my index finger into his thigh. All the while he is staring me right in the eyes screaming like someone just shoved a needle the size of my index finger into his thigh. I will never forget that look of complete betrayal.

Why do they do that? why do they make the parents hold the child down while they stab at them? They have to know that its horrifically emotionally damaging to the parent... isnt the child eventually being a teenager enough of a torture?

Holy crap... I have been on the verge of distraught anger and tears all day. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

On the positive side, he weighs 18 lbs 2 oz, and is a fuzz over 25" long/tall and the doctor said that he was perfectly healthy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: took my son in for his 4-month inoculations today

i know that feeling quit well /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif they get over it and so will you just think whats worse that or what they might get if they didn't get the shots /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

true... much better to have him get a shot in the leg than to get polio or smallpocks or whatever...

Though in thinking about it more, I guess I would rather have me hold him while he is being hurt rather than some unfeeling, heartless, nurse that has lost her give a [I love Jeeps] factor to the trillions of shots she has to give on a yearly basis. At least that way I know exactly whats going on.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I've held both my girls for all their innoculations and it's no fun. I also don't care for the feeling that I am betraying their trust and allowing someone to 'hurt' them...even a little.

The only thing that made it bearable was neither of my girls cried or even winced while getting any of their shots...

I do have a vivid memory of getting my shots as a 6 year old. I escaped from the office and my Mom eventually got me cornered and dragged me back in to get the innoculation. I never once held that against her, i always remembered the doctor as being the big meanie for sticking me with the needle, not my Mom for dragging me back in./forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I hate that sh!t, but just wait til he's 6 and it takes 4 grown men to hold him down, nope that didn't work, so they strapped him to a board and then held him while I layed on top of all of them, all while he was getting a line of glue applied to a small cut under his eye, hilarious....Hang in there bud, he'll get you back in no time at all, you should let your hair grow out so you can see all the new gray coming in, sometimes I think it's your gray matter coming out instead of hair.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think I am scarred for life. emotionally I have been on the edge ever since the nurse said, "ok dad, hold his leg here and here

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    ... I have been on the verge of distraught anger and tears all day.

[/ QUOTE ]
    The sign of a good father. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    he weighs 18 lbs 2 oz, and is a fuzz over 25" long/tall and the doctor said that he was perfectly healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now when do we get to see baby pictures to coo at?