Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Took out the TBI unit.. some Q's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BillyBob, Jan 13, 2002.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Took out the TBI unit.. some Q\'s

Now that I finally got the TBI unit out of the 87, what can I clean it with? is there anything I shouldn't use? I think I may take a soft wire brush to the outside, the inside is pretty clean, but I'll use some brake clean on it. Also, does anyone know if the harness completely replaces the other harness connected to my 84's fuse block? I'd imagine there are a few differences.. anyone done this before and know if and how they are different? Such confusion....

2. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

Re: Took out the TBI unit.. some Q\'s

does anyone know? I could really use some help

<a target="_blank" href=http://billybob87k5.50megs.com>Homepage of Porky & Stinky</a>
    ".. Sanatarium.. leave me be..."

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

A can of cheap carb cleaner will do wonders for it. If it's really crudded up, then an old toothbrush can be used to help get the crusties off. Do NOT use a wire brush!!! You don't want to scratch it up. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

There are some little differences in the location of the pin on the bulkhead connector between the years and also between the diesel, carb, and TBI trucks. Everything pretty much stays on the same connector of the 3 connectors that make up the bulkhead connector (engine, front chassis, and rear chassis), except one of the wiper connections (the one with one pink and one white wire) moves from the engine connector to the front chassis connector.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd