Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Took the 50s out yesterday!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5MONSTERCHEV, Oct 10, 2004.

1. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

My buddy and I took our 50s out to Carnige again. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Man these bikes are so much fun. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Everyone says thats its too small and a waste. Until you have ridden one you have no room to talk.

[​IMG]me /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[​IMG]Dom /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Both our bikes are only 50s still and they scoot up hills so good. I can do em in 2nd gear while my buddy has to use 1st. There a blast to race around the track too.

Whoever has younger kids, you should consider getting them a 50! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

that looks fun, and if you fliped over, it wouldn't hurt as much???

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

we had a little 80. THat thing was a blast. Only thing that I didn't like was the rev limiter so you couldn't really wind it out in 4th gear. My sister's boyfriend has it now. Put bars on it like you have on that 50.

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

That's funny, my first bike was a Honda 50, man did I have some good times on that thing.

5. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

Hey ... that was my first bike too....It was a Z50 with the fold down handle bars and front and rear lites !!! It took me a while to find out ...while shifting ...hold down the throttle and the shifter to get some REAL speed on !!!! The engine would rev and the wheeles would begin !!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

TOO COOL,i used to ride my brothers jr50. now that was small and fun as hell. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know, I ate it pretty good out on the street one day, going just about full speed. Cut up my arm, ripped my pants, got a little hole in my glove, scraped my knee, but the bike only had a scratch on the rear brake lever! That little bike sure can get away from you!

They shift so hard that even when you shift em off the gas, the front wheel will come up!

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know, I ate it pretty good out on the street one day, going just about full speed. Cut up my arm, ripped my pants, got a little hole in my glove, scraped my knee, but the bike only had a scratch on the rear brake lever! That little bike sure can get away from you!

They shift so hard that even when you shift em off the gas, the front wheel will come up!

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch! that musta hurt!
    I want one now /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

9. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

that things got ER visit written allover it! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wheres the pic's of the k5 playing in the rock pile?
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

Probably gonna go camp out at hollister saturday night with a few friends and wheel saturday afternoon/ sunday morning. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Is yer truck ready to play yet?

11. K5MONSTERCHEV

[ QUOTE ]
    Wheres the pic's of the k5 playing in the rock pile?
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

Probably gonna go camp out at hollister saturday night with a few friends and wheel saturday afternoon/ sunday morning. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Is yer truck ready to play yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA I wish. The K5 is still having an oil leak. It is very frustrating. I have only put like 50 miles on it since I completed it in May. I just havent had the time lately. Hollister sounds GREAT!! But... I was going to work on the 4WD, but decided to put that on hold, and keep saving up for a little while. When the 4WD is working Id like to go to the rubicon.

I will have it all done (not 4WD), with paint and the 42s back on for the NOV GoodGuys.