Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

took the carpet out but now...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4wood, Aug 7, 2004.

1. 4wood

4wood 1/2 ton status

I pulled the carpet out of my cab with the intention of Herculining the inside, but I have a small problem. When I removed the carpet and whatever that mat was under the carpet, there was the reminants of the glue that was holding said mat to the floor. I tried to scrape some of it off with a razor blade but it was pretty much a futile attempt. I thought about trying Acetone or something, but was afraid that would eat off the paint on the floor. Anyone have any tips or ideas for getting this hardened glue off of my floor...or should I just put the carpet back in? Thanks.

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Get one of those sanding sponge thingys you can attach to your drill and go to town on it. Also a sander would probably get it off.

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

if your gonna herculine it then the condition of the paint no longer matters but acetone doesn't work to well with this stuff. what i did was got my grinder and a couple wire wheel and that pretty much took care of the glue /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Grinder with the big 6" cup wire wheel will get rid of it real fast.

-Chris

5. 4wood

4wood 1/2 ton status

I 'preciate ya. Now I just have to find a friend with a grinder /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

6. jrsheets

jrsheets Registered Member

Does It look like the stuff around the tranny?
    [​IMG]

I took a wire brush to it, It made a heck of a mess though. Definitely try to get as much up as possible with a scrapper. Try Gas???