Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Took the K5 up in the snow for first time

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bruiser, Dec 10, 2000.

1. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Snowed here friday night and most of saterday. So today wife and I decided to go for a drive up the road and see where it went (just moved here to idaho from oregon 3 weeks ago) It was fun, stayed on the road nothing exotic (wife would freak) but met a chrysler lebaron and a chevy van coming down. Van got to far over and started sliding off road. Only about a foot of snow. He was about a foot from sliding down about a 15 foot bank into the creek. I don't have any tow ropes or chaines yet. All he had was about 8 feet of 3/8 rope (totally unprepared for taking a two wheel drive into snow) no chains. so we tripled the rope up to my hitch and I pulled him back onto the road in 4lo. Luck was with us and we got him back onto the road and he was on his way. Going to have to go by a tow strap now. Well done babbling.

Second time I have been out just looking around and have had to get someone unstuck who was somewhere they shouldn't of been with no equipment. Yes I don't have any but I know how far I can go without any and don't take it any further than I can get out of.<smile>

Vincent Michels
    1978 Blazer
    Bruiser (Frost white/Black top/ Light Blue interior)

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I wish there was snow like that here. We are getting little dustings that arent sticking. I am really looking forward to running the new tires in snow slush. Be safe.

"Lord have mercy on my next thirty years"

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I wish we got more snow here. Last year it snowed for three days, but those were the only days I had my tranny apart putting a shift kit in. It took three days because of the deep pan fitting over the ex. pipe. But anyway, snow would be good...

90K5