Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

toolfetch experience???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kgillyk5, Jan 5, 2005.

1. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

Looking for anyone who has good or bad experience ordering from toolfetch. This is the best price I have found for this welder but am not familiar w/ the site.

http://www.toolfetch.com/tools/408.html

2. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

Anyone......anyone at all.

OK then...am I wasting my $$$ on a welder that does 1/2"...

Should I save the $500.00 extra and go w/ a 3/8" model???

I'd hate to spend a grand only to wish I spent a little more for the whole Ka Bang...

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

welder info

i think thats highway prices. try tractor supply thay sell hobart in my store atleast. i have the 140 that is 1/4 " in 1 pass and this thing is 110 20a house current . the thing is like the bunny , it just keeps going and going. best money i ever spent. i use 2-3 most of the time somtimes 4 , at 4 you can just melt the metel . i have it at work now and it works perfect on 2 for exaust, and light stuff. i recintly made a new engine and suspension crossmember for a customers van and used 3 and had to watch how much heat i was putting in there. by the way i use .035 wire with mix gas. p.s. get the auto shade helmet thay work great best bang for the buck. get a good one . i got the miller like the o.c.c guys use works great for low volt tig also.:grin:

4. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

Hey, a NY guy.
    You rock...I never thought of Tractor Supply, there's one right up the road in Amsterdam. http://www.mytscstore.com/detail.asp?pcID=1&paID=1011&sonID=600&page=3&productID=2153
    Thats the best price yet.
    If you add tax its only 20 bucks more than what it would cost toolfetch to ship it to me. I think I'll go w/ the Ironman 210 w/ the 3/8" in one pass and save some $$$ for a torch set or a plasma cutter. From some of the other posts I've read it sounds like for doing stuff over 3/8" (which I dont think will happen that much) you could do "X" passes or go to a stick welder.
    Thanks...I'm goin' in!!!