Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tools

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by daleearnhardt01, Apr 9, 2003.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Bought myself a 251 piece mechanics tool set from Sears yesterday /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The 300 dollar usual price was cut in half. Couldnt pass that deal up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Also bought me a nice set of pliers and screwdrivers. Now I wont have to go the shop all the time to work on the truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Good Deal /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John [​IMG]

3. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

Buying tools is one of my favorite hobbies! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

My wife bought me that set for Christmas to go in the 75th anniv box she got me for my birthday /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Now I get to keep all the old junk in the truck. Sears also has a plastic 4 drawer socket holder for $25.00 that works well with that set.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have the 151 piece set of Craftsmans. I like that set. I also have numberous other craftsman tools. I really like them and the fact that you can get them warrantied just in every town of good size. I have spent lots of money at Sears on tools. They say they have roughly 1000 craftsman hand tools, I probably have at least 1/5 of them. Maybe a 1/4 or more. That is a damn good deal on the 251 piece set for $150. That is about what I paided for the 151 piece a few years back.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

craftsman tools fakin rule. I wish all mine were craftsman. Only crafts stuff i have is a couple of bigger (1" and up) sockets and my nice torque wrench. All my sockets/drivers are BenchTop. Not a bad brand... my 1/2" driver has held up to me pushing on it as hard as I can with a 4' cheater bar...so it works for now. Eventually tho... I'd like to have a biiiiig set of nice craftsman tools. guarenteed forever!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Can't beat the lifetime warrenty of craftsman tools. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif