Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Top 10 Reasons To Shop 4WPW **DUH!!**

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by thatK30guy, Dec 4, 2001.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I copied this off my newest issue of 4WPW's 'Off-Road Adventure' magazine, the Dec.-Jan. '02 issue.

It goes out like this:

10) With 40 sotres around the country (and more opening), there's (soon to be) almost one on every corner.
    9) The tech guys know your vehicle, right down to its axle splines.
    8) An Internet sales department, for when you really don't want to talk to anybody.
    7) Six nationwide distribution centers mean quicker delivery of your orders.
    6) They've been in the business so long, when they started all 4x4s were olive drab and had white stars painted on them.
    5) 100,000 s.k.u.'s in their inventory - and they know what an s.k.u. is!
    4) You're reading it.
    3) You'll get a 4WD enthusiast on the phone, not someone who will try to tell your future at $20 for the first 10 minutes.
    2) They'll match or beat any advertised price. At least, for four-wheel-drive parts. Waterbeds are another story.

And the Number 1 reason to shop 4Wheel Parts (drum-roll please): They're not happy until you're happy. Who else can say that, other than your mom?

Now that has got to be the most pathetic top 10 list that could ever had been said about 4WPW!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I agree.[​IMG] I just wish they would open a store close to me since I really don't trust ordering online from them.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

souds like a top 10 BOLD faced lies to me. I had to wait for 35 minutes TO PAY for my spare being mounted while my "service representive" was talking to a goon on the fone about skip plates. and another goomba next to me comlaining that the ride was too stiff with 33" TSL's...so he whats the "coolest" looking AT's they have...Then last week i went for a front sabelizer and they gave me the wrong one and refused to refund the shipping from thier other store they charged me!
    Screw 4WPW...right in their ear.

"no Zakk, tell us how you really feel..."

I digress...

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

edit: screwed up the bold part...my bad<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by zakk on 12/04/01 11:49 AM.</FONT></P>

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

*sarcastically* "We're not happy until you're happy" Aaaaa thppppp!

I'd do business with them if I could be there in person to give the partsman a royal beating if he/she needed it.

Don't hit me, Mr. Moderator... I'll go back on topic... I swear![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer>www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer</a>

5. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Guys, I agree, but they are paying Steve advertising money so maybe you should watch what you say for Steve's sake [​IMG]

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT

6. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Maybe they should spend less time on top 10 lists and more time making sure our orders don't get jacked up 99% of the time. Man they suck.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Wow... how much did they pay to have that put in the magazine..haha.

89 K5 Silverado, 4", 33's, 3/4 ton axles
    <a target="_blank" href=http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com>http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com</a>

8. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    For Steves sake? I see your point, but I doubt 4WP is going to go looking through posts, and even if they do, I dont think it will effect them in any way. It has not since "everything was olive drab with stars on the side" so why would it now. Besides, maybe someone at 4WP corprate office needs to read this so they get a wake up call and start doing something about their customer service or lack there of.

Sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

9. 2BLAZERS

2BLAZERS 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Maybe it is just me but I have a had no problems ordering from them over the internet. If I order on Monday it will be at the office Thursday or Friday ready for a weekend wrench fest. I do agree though that the top ten list is a little cheesy, but so is the entire Offroad Magazine that we pay to subscribe to.

10. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

We went to 4WPW to order some ARB lockers and gears for a Dana 44 TTB and a Dana 70 in an 87 Ford Bronco. We swapped in the Dana 70 out of a 98 Dodge 3/4 ton Diesel. We told them the rear end was out of the Dodge, but we twice caught them looking at gears for a Ford 8.8, the stock axle that WAS under it. They couldn't understand that we put a Dana 70 in it and also told us that the Dana 70 has three different ARB lockers for it and we needed numbers off the axle tubes and carrier to get the right one. The problem? We welded the shock mounts over the friggin numbers. Well, we called Reider racing and all they needed was the first two letters on the carrier, so we got the right locker. Overall, 4WPW are on time with orders and decently cheap, but some of those people are STUPID. I'd say I'm pretty happy, they just need to make sure they don't have morons selling you the wrong things.

Red 1989 GMC Suburban SLE V1500 - TBI 350, 700R4 w/ shift kit, Quad-shock front, 31/10.50/15 Pro Comp MT, 4.10 gears, Duals off cat

11. J.C.Staley

J.C.Staley Registered Member

I ordered a wheels and tires package from them 2 weeks ago. My only complaint was that I did everything possible to get my member discount. I nver got the discount. There was no real obvious place to put the info so I put it every where to include an e-mail. Well nothing but a half hearted response. I told Steve and he suggested I send an e-mail to the president which I did last week. Guess what not reply yet. Other than that everything did go smooth but how tough could 4 wheels and tires be?

12. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i happen to be looking at that same 4WPW magazine. the people at my local 4wpw are cool but they must not know what they're doing.
    1. i ordered my lift kit there, i got 2 sets of blocks and no front u-bolts, and the bushings were wrong.
    2. i ordered 2 of my 6 RS5000s there, they were about 7" too short. ( the 4 i ordered from Back Country Off-Road were right)
    3. i ordered my swampers from them i waited 6 weeks for them
    4. i ordered my brake lines there and they were for a 1/2 ton not a 3/4 ton, and come to find out they don't sell lines for 3/4 ton trucks. if there were any other BIG 4x4 shops here i'd go there i guess i'll start looking for others.

people that get good mileage aren't having any fun!
    scott,
    1989 GMC suburban 3/4t 4" lift finally rollin on 36" swampers, tbi350, th350, np241

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What's the difference between 1/2 and 3/4 ton brake lines?

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

According to 4WPW, a 1/4 ton difference! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

15. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Good article in mag though

In that same mag, there is a good article on wheelbase/departure and approach angle. Nothing super technical, but a good started article to say the least. They don't have it up on their site yet though.

<font color=blue>Brilliance is like 4wd, it allows you to get stuck in a more remote location [​IMG]</font color=blue>

16. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

We have two 4WPW here in Houston and I get parts from them without any hassles really. I've heard the horror stories, but they routinely order the right parts and give me a break on the prices too.
    I even went up there one day for a centering bolt for a leaf spring. I had broken mine. Anyway, instead of selling me a pack of two the guy gave me one free that they hadn't used for some reason on some guy's truck.
    Sorry about the problems you guys have with them, but they are like Wal-Mart. You can buy the same thing for $20 more somewhere else if you really want to, but I have no reason to.
    -- Mike

<font color=blue> Married to a woman who understands the need for <font color=orange>Hugger Orange. [​IMG] <font color=blue>

17. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I took 4wpw off the membership page because the 10 percent off thing was confusing and they always offer 10 percent off anyway.

Steve

Director of Global Expansion

18. 84silverK5

84silverK5 Registered Member

We were putting a lift on a 75 highboy, and they first gave us the steering arm spacer with the three holes in it, i noticed when we did the front end that wasnt right, we went back and they gave us another steering arm spacer that looked right, till i got back and tried it, it didnt fit, finally they told us that there wasnt one manufactured and to just put it back together how it was stock, this wouldnt of been a problem if they were around the corner but they are about 30 miles away, and we have to drive through the middle of the city and rush hour traffic...

19. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Thank you

20. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yep thanks here too...I wouldn't want ck5 tarnished by the 4wpw name.

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>