Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Top 10 things I learned while installing my lift kit

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Today I tried to install my 2.5" TCI lift. After 6 hours and 6 Coronas /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif my trucks not drivable and the springs are not on, the front end hasn't been touched but this is what I've learned

# 10. Built not bought is a PITA but feels good /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

# 9. The more time you spend under your truck the more rust you see and want to sell it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

# 8. No matter how smart my 5 year old is he can still play kick the can with my center caps and throw my lug-nuts in the woods because they "were rusty and you need new ones" /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

# 7. Sawzalls don't sawz all /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

# 6. 4' of pipe = GOOD /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

# 5. Rust is better than Loctite on a 14 year old truck /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

# 4. Even though I've got lots of cool tools I got to buy cooler ones that I didn't need anyway /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    and the wife let me keep em /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

# 3. Remove the Nextel i90 from the hood spring before shutting the hood for the night /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

# 2. Be glad the wife will rearrange her plans next week so I can steal her truck till I get done

# 1. Rene and Jeff are great help when you get stuck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

All are true, but I'm doing this one right now!

[ QUOTE ]
    # 9. The more time you spend under your truck the more rust you see and want to sell it

[/ QUOTE ]

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I love these top 10 lists.../forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and your's really nails things square on the mark!!!

Rene

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    # 9. The more time you spend under your truck the more rust you see and want to sell it

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to add to the 'things you see'; wiring fiascos, fuel line 'fixes', 'modifications' done by the PO for no apparent reason. Rust is still #1 though.

[ QUOTE ]
    # 6. 4' of pipe = GOOD

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that.

[ QUOTE ]
    # 5. Rust is better than Loctite on a 14 year old truck

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, so true....

5. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Gee...thanks for the inspiring words /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Im hoping to do the same conversion this summer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have done a few car mods and swaps and I think I have one more lesson to add to your list:
    Take your estimated time and cost to do the project and Double it
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I have one more lesson to add to your list:
    Take your estimated time and cost to do the project and Double it

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say triple is closer to reality...you must have better luck than i do.../forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rene

7. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

glad to see it is going good for you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

hella good list and so true /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif