Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Top allignment

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CraigG, Dec 12, 2001.

1. CraigG

CraigG Registered Member

I took off my top for the first time since owning it and have been trying to get it back on now for 2 weeks. I can not get the passenger side rear holes to line up for nothin'. It comes to within a half an inch and then no more. I've tried everything... different truck angles, brute force (3 guys pushin' hard), you name it. I've almost come to the point of trimming out the stripping in the front to make it work. It seems that the stripping can't be squished anymore right now. Do any of you have any tips?

Thanx in advance,
    Craig

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Try jacking up the center of the truck (one jack on each frame rail near the middle). Your body mounts might be shot and allowing the body to sag...

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

3. CraigG

CraigG Registered Member

Thanx, I'll give that a whirl. Last time I checked out the body mounts they didn't look too good.

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

I had that problem on my driver's side, but I couldn't get the holes to line up even 2" from each other. I used a small hand winch that I attached to the latch strike and to the roll bar and winched the top forward. I put about 150 pounds of lead shot (in bags) on the forward part of the roof to keep it from popping up while I winched the top into place.