Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

top and doors cut off ??

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by ramjet gmc, Feb 6, 2004.

1. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

well i have been thinking and i loose the top and doors this summer are meny of you running this set up??
    i ask hear becouse we have some weather thing to be carefull of -- rain and snow -- and when to stop i would like to pull the rear in and the cage ??? any thoughts on this ???

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Patrick, I would leave the top on for now. Remove the gate, doors, and hard top. Remove all the interior except the front seats and put some kind of bed liner in it, spray or Herq. If you do remove the roof I would do it so you can at least run a soft top from a 73 to 75. I will deffinately reccommend getting a cage. Tie the seat belts into the cage. With having the doubler and the rest of your set up it is only a matter of time untill you flop it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif This is just my oponion. How have you been doing? Haven't heard/seen much of you lately and hopefully we can get together soon.

3. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

after getting my cage done and the rest of the work i need to do this winter, and driving it all summer i was contimplating that for next winter /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif i was hoping a braver soul /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifthan me would try it first and let me know how it went /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gifgood luck either way /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

hey ram, is that street legal here? and im just learning how to use an impact gun, so i am way behind you! lol

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    hey ram, is that street legal here? and im just learning how to use an impact gun, so i am way behind you! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

NO but i do not care i trailer the truck to the trails Nj stinks for us 4x4 people

[ QUOTE ]
    This is just my oponion. How have you been doing? Haven't heard/seen much of you lately and hopefully we can get together soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope it will be soon but some things have been nutty for me like working on the house very night and i got a woman in FL now it is looking like i got a new codriver she is a sweet hart do not lose my e mail becouse on monday i am getting a new PH # and i do not know what it is yet /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif