Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Top Bolts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by J.Lance, May 29, 2003.

1. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

Can anybody tell me where to get the tamper proof torx socket to remove the top bolts? Looking for an easy answer before I drill the torx bit I have now. Thanks.

Jason

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

i believe that NAPA, and carquest carry them, if not, then check out some hardware stores. i think home depot even has them.

3. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Any hardware store, parts house, even Sears carries them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

Are you guys talking about the Torx bolts with the tampler proof design. It looks like a regular torx but then has a raised circle in the middle so the correct socker would need the middle hollowed out. I don't recall seeing these at the normal tool stores. I have a complete set of torx sockets, just not the one I described. These are on my '90 Jimmy. I believe they only showed up in later years.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Can anybody tell me where to get the tamper proof torx socket to remove the top bolts? Looking for an easy answer before I drill the torx bit I have now. Thanks.

Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Autozone has them.

6. BigBadJap

BigBadJap Registered Member

I found my set at a store called Princess Auto, which I don't think you have in the states, but it looks like House of Tools, carries them...

http://www.houseoftools.com/product.htm?pid=83862

(Just double check to make sure they have the right size bit listed in the set) Shop around if you can, they seem to be on the expensive side.

7. J.Lance

J.Lance 1/2 ton status

Thems the ones I'm looking for!! Thank you very much. Also, I'll check A-Zone again but I was just there over the weekend and they had the regular Torx set but not the tamper proof set. Thanks again! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif