Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

top color

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by moose71, Apr 4, 2003.

1. moose71

moose71 Newbie

Plaining on buying soft top next week. I'm having a hard time deciding wether to get a white top which will be cooler in the summer but might get stained by leafs and stuff that fall out of trees and birds. Or black but will hotter but will not get stained but might fade. Also not sure how the white will look with my olive green jimmy. so I'm looking for advise and posibly some picture of green with white top, I know what black one will look like. Or can some one maybe use that photo shop and change the color of my top IF I post a picture but I'm not sure how to post pictures

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

no pic but can't go wrong with black.

3. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

I've had both (bought them both used) first was a white Bestop - loved it, rolled it back and it set nicely on the tail gate. BUT you are right it got dirty and needed a good bit of cleaning. Next was a Kayline in black - I didn't care for the fit but it didn't show dirt as bad. I never noticed the heat as the tops were always down except for when it rained.
    I've got a new Bestop ready to install - it is black. I don't know if Bestop still makes tops in any other color.

4. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I might be able to change the color of the top in a photo if you send it to me. chris@imageink.com.

5. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

Go to www.specialtytopco.com . They have plenty of pix in color that will give you an idea of what the diff colors look like. Look at all vehicle applications, you should find all colors represented.

I recently got a fast-track in spice (dark tan) w/ deep tint windows. This color should be cooler than black but not show as much dirt as white. Also, applying the fabric protector helps a lot.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif