Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

top gear

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 85burbanator, Feb 9, 2006.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

any body hear seen it? it coms on discovery chanel but i dont knwo what times. there showing a few episodes(hour long) right now. kinda cool british car show. so far theve had scientists doing burnouts, nuns crushing cars in monster trucks, and 70 and an 80 year lady(s) doing doughnuts. one of the hosts just drove a brand new land rover discovery up the highest peak in scotland. pretty cool show, kinda like car and driver but with a twist. speaking of twist i need another drink. later

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i've seen a 1/2 dozen or so... sometimes its cool... hehe, the episode tonight i saw they did a testing spoof to see which toupes held on better in a convertible...

the "beat the snot out of" the toyota truck bit was cool too....

3. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

That was a cool bunch of episodes. They kept doing these horrible things to this Yota pickup, (fire, rolling, accidents), and were able to keep it running with just a toolbox of tools.

On it's last episode they put it on top of a building that was being demo'd. Blew it hecka up. You never got to see what happened to it, until the end of the show when they drove it on stage, bent in half, but still running.

It was awesome.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah, i never actually saw it on the episodes.. someone posted it as one long clip on putfile... i just assumed it was one episode... i thought it was gone for good in the ocean... :wink1:

some of the car review stuff is lame, but sometimes he'll have on some badass supercar... he did a review on the GT40 which was pretty cool... :eek1: :D

5. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

the tall spokesamn got one of 28 in the country over there

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I love to see them talk about american cars(last night was the Charger) because they think they are HUGE. Last night they showed a mockup of the one guys garage and another time they showed how one of the other hosts had to rent a special garage across town just to store his car(don't think that was an american car though, just "big"). Its funny to think all their garages are built for tiny little cars. Heck the first thing I saw was the one host beating the crap out of a Ford GT and saying how he never ever wanted to leave its cockpit, even after he ran it out of gas.

7. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

top gear is definately one of (if not THE) my favorite auto shows. always doin neat stuff on there.

last night they tested out one of the new landrovers. had my interest...he climbed this big hill, getting stuck a couple times. overall it was a pretty weak 4x4, but it was cool to see them off the track and onto the dirt.

8. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Its a pretty sweet show. I downloaded a few of them from some website. Its like car and driver but it doesnt suck and the host are cooler. Its also entertaining to hear them "bonnet" and other words. Good show :D