Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Top Kick Front Clip

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by beefcake83, Jul 24, 2000.

1. beefcake83

beefcake83 1/2 ton status

Anyone ever heard of someone toying with the idea of swapping their blazer/jimmy front clip with one from the 'Top Kick' rig? They use the same cabs. My friend brought it up, but I don't think I'd go through with it. Would definately be different. - Gary

Gary Graham
    '83 GMC Jimmy 350 'Beefcake'
    Eielson AFB, Alaska

2. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

What is a Top Kick? and does it have anything to do with Bruce Lee?

Steve Fox
    90 3/4 ton K5
    [​IMG]

4. Dave

Dave Registered Member

A Top Kick is GM's medium duty truck. Usually used for tow trucks and delivery trucks.

Dave Hiller
    90 K-5
    "The Anti-SUV"

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey, we have a C60 yard truck at my work (I think its basically the same as the top kick) The cab is definately the same but the front clip is a fibreglass flip front end. Cool! problem is that it is a lot shorter (cowl to grill) than a K-5 front end, like about 10-12" shorter. Also rear of the front tires would have to be modified quite a bit because the step is molded into the bottom of the fender. At the front the mounting set-up for the flip hinges would have to be extensively modified because the Top-Kick and C-60 use a heavy truck frame that is in no way similar to the light truck frames. I also thought it might be a cool and fairly easy way to get a fiberglass flip front end, until I had a pretty good look at it, not impossible but not worth the effort in my opinion.

6. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

at a tractor pull this summer I saw a gmc truck(don't know what kind, but a box truck frame & front end) and they put a regular dually pick up bed on the rear. Driving out(looking at it front the rear) I was like holy sh!t how did i miss a pick up that tall!!!! I missed it because it looks like a semi front up front.....that looked pretty cool.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

7. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Hey steve, i don't think that top kick has anything to do with bruce lee, i think it was chuck norris your thinking of. You know that movie with the dog in it :)

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. NEW AtlassII being installed