Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Top Radiator hose

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ShinnyHelmet, Feb 9, 2001.

1. ShinnyHelmet

ShinnyHelmet Registered Member

On my 71' K5, I have a top radiator hose that is metal pipe in the middle w/ hose on each end. Is this stock? I was told that 67-71 was. Is there any resorces to prove this? Thanks

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Top, Most Blazers have a very long hose and a protective plastic peice where it likes to hit the fan shroud. Someone probably lost the protector and put a hole in it so they added a metal piece to fix it. I have an 87 so I can't tell you for sure but it's as easy as calling your local parts guy's and asking them. If it don't leak, don't fix it.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]<font color=red> Ride'in High In My K5! [​IMG]

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Hmm, I've never seen a hose like that from factory??
    I would toss it even if it was stock, too many spots for leakage! I am using the flex style rubber hose that has a spring on the inside to prevent the hose from colapsing.
    Good Luck, oh you can see a pic of it on my site just click below!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I am 99% sure that they came that way from the factory in '69 - '72. I had a '72 parts truck that still had the metal pipe section in it. Most of them were replaced with a one piece hose over the years.

Tim

70 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    87 Burb 4X4 350
    01 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison

5. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    I had a question about this same thing when my radiator hose got weak at the radiator. Went to Checker Auto and they told me it was stock and said the books just called for 2 straight pieces of hose. About 4 inches long at the thermostat and another about 8 inches or so at the radiator. I didnt believe them and went to the Chevy dealer and they pulled it up on microfiche and said the same thing. I havent been able to find any pictures of it myself. I have had mine for 6 years and no problems yet. Felt like a fool at the dealer when I showed the parts guy look what some idiot did. Oh well foot doesnt taste too bad with clean socks.

6. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Yes that is stock.