Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

top removal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by primerk5, Jun 21, 2005.

1. primerk5

primerk5 1/2 ton status

i removed about 15 bolts from my top on my 85 blazer and tried some serious lifting to get that thing unstuck. am i missing a bolt or two???
    It wont budge. My 75 is held on by 13 bolts and comes off easy (heavy but easy) whats the catch? I thought about taking my high lift and jacking on the rear corners. maybe its just glued down. No idea if its ever been off before. I have an rag top for it that I had on an 83 but it came on the truck and it was only a year old at the time I was thinking I never got to take that top off.

My truck is rusted pretty bad in the rear portion of the bed. If I take the cap off will it make the rear quarters flopy and weak???

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

at the very back, on the inside of the rear panels, there should be 2 bolts there. remove and enjoy! throw them away after removing, no good from here on out except a headache when taking the top off.

3. primerk5

primerk5 1/2 ton status

thanks