Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

top removal?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by efilnikufecin, Jul 6, 2002.

1. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

were do you get that goofy a$$ torx safety socket to get to top of newer blazers?

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

knechts auto parts
    the tool peddler
    harbor freight
    eugene fasteners

3. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

I got mine at Auto Zone on Thursday. It comes as a kit with 6 Torx heads and an adapter for your socket wrench. Mine took the T-40. They kit I bought refered to them as a "tamper resistant" torx/star bit but, I have also heard them called pin-head torx bits. AutoZone sells the kit for about $15.00 here in Birmingham. Considering what they are and how often I will use them, that seems a little expensive. But you gotta do what you gotta do. You might want to check with NAPA first though. The one here sells them individually for a much nicer price. Unfortunately, they were out of stock on my size. So, I had to pony up the big bucks. If both of those fail, you may want to try Skyler, the Soft Top manufacturer. I read in 4Wheel & Off-Road that Skyler sells them through mail order. Good Luck.