Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

(top) rubber seals

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stan, May 21, 2001.

1. stan

stan Newbie

Need new seals for the top on my 84 K5. The dealer has them for $225. LMC has aftermarket products for ~$90. Does anyone have any comparible information. LMC claims they are as good as the original manufacture. I am willing to spend the extra if the dealers are indeed better........Thanks Stan

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I dont have an answer for your question, but if you could do all of us at CK5 a favor and please fillout your profile, it will make answering future questions easier for all of us =) and WELCOME TO CK5!! If your not addicted yet, just wait, you WILL be.

3. Flyinhi86

Flyinhi86 Registered Member

I just installed new rubber around the windows in the doors. I ordered from LMC. I had no trouble with the fit, and it is probably more complex than the rubber going around your top. It seemed exactly the same as the stock stuff. A tip though on weatherstripping. It wouldn't be a bad habit to start conditioning the rubber every once in a while, or when you give your rig a good cleaning. I don't know what its really called but it keeps your rubber from drying, the #1 problem. Any other questions feel free to ask.

4. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

silicone is one product

5. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i bought all the seals from chevy duty a few months ago. the two on the sides and the two for the cab (one for the top and the other for the cab itself). very good quality, excellent fit. i think it totalled to about $90 ($20 per side, and $35 for each top one). no more leaks.
    i just cant get the tailgate to seal up right. any suggestions?

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

6. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Teflon is another

"K5 Grand GT Blazer Silverado in the Netherlands."