Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

top security?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82K5_6.5L, Mar 21, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

i want to take the top off my blazer..but im kinda worried about stuff being stolen..i just put a stereo in it, plus i got a hi-lift,tools,etc.. u know? any ideas for some stuff i can do to help??
    thanx guys /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Rag the heck out of your truck and always leave something in ti that smells really bad.

3. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

OK that was a joke. I have used everything from homemade steel locking brackets (Even across the stereo face) to some of the more expensive comercial stuff. A tuffy stereo console helps. (They are steel and lock). I fabricated a locking mount for my jack and spare tire on one of mine.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Take out anything you don't need(ie, Hi-Lift). The only thing to worry about would be the stereo. I would get a tuffy console to put that in. Also, most people can't even tell the difference between a topless K5 and a SWB pickup so they don't give it a second look.

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I have done a few things to protect my stuff but if they really want to take it, they will. Here is a picture of the Highlift
    There are other pictures there too. Some of the things I have done are:
    Lock the high-lift & come-a-long.
    Locked tool box bolted down.
    Tuffy locking counsel (can take the face plate off the sterio and throw it in at night...CB is in there also.
    Alarm system
    Gorrilla wheel locks
    locking hood pins...need them anyway.
    and that is about it. No, I'm not crazy and for that matter, where I live you can leave the keys in your truck and not worry most of the time. It's just to detour the dummies that pass by and think they can help themself to what ever isn't bolted down....usally just kids.
    Like I said, if they want it, they will take it. It might take them enough time though so I catch them and beat the living {censored} out of them. It's hard to steal things with a couple broken legs.
    Oh, and a couple hidden things too (just don't hit the wrong button).... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

6. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

What i did was make a BIG @$$ box. If goes from the tailgate to the rear seat, from one bed side to the other. in there I store parts and tools. What i did have to do is cut whole on the place where the tailgate latch is, so i could open the gate. The box opens up and back. this give me two things. One, a place to store stuff and two, a work bench on the trail. I also have my spare on the top of the box. i also have the Hi-lift on the front of the box with pins in the box to that have to be pulled so that before the jack can be removed. it is kind of a nice idea i like. the main reason i made the box it when i go to the lake with the top off i can put the covers in there and extra vest when i am on the lake. Also, if i go out to eat on the way home i can put my vest, ropes and wakeboard in there as well. To give you an idea on the size, i play ice hockey and after the games we go to the bar, well i drove my-self and the Goal tender and all my stuff and his stuff if in the box, just not the sticks.

7. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Rag the heck out of your truck and always leave something in ti that smells really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha ...sounds good.. ok, well im in school from 7am-about 1pm..so it would be sitting in the parkin lot at my school..plus there are monitors in gay golf carts that go around and watch the lot.. so i think im good there... wow the other day a monitor put a boot on my truck, but it wouldnt fit cuz the tires are to wide! haha suckers...

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Where the hell do you go to school, and why would the monitor put a boot on your truck?

9. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

SKY IT!!!!!!