Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Top Speeds

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tiger9297, May 2, 2005.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

anyone know of a site where I can get auto/truck performance numbers like 0-60, quarter mile, and top speeds on pretty much any car? I have tried Motor Trend, and Car and Driver but no luck there. Thanks.

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Most mags have a table in the back that lists all that, go pick one up if you've got cash. If not, just stand and look up the numbers you need or PM me with what you want, I'm sure I have some issues laying around here somewhere.

3. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Well actually I'm trying to prove something to a buddy of mine. He has an early 70's Furd truck with a 302 and swears this truck will hit 125 mph. I told him that there is no way. People over estimate top speed by so far. "I buried the needle.......I had to be doing 125+." Puh......lease. People just have no idea how much horsepower it takes to push a heavy truck that fast. His truck has no majory mods by the way. Anyway, no big deal but thanks for the help.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

LOL, You'd think with that classic Ford steering anything over 80 mph would make him sh!t his pants...

FWIW my Jimmy with a mild 355 managed a somewhat respectable 104 mph on 35's and with a 4" lift. It took forever to get from 90 ish to where it just wouldn't go any faster. Rpms were a tick over 3700. At the time I had 3.73's, I think 4.10's may have got me a few more mph...but i doubt it. There was so much wind resistance at that speed when I took my foot off the gas I damn near ate the windshield...

Rene

5. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Tell him to push it off a cliff, terminal velocity is 160 that's the only way he going to see triple anything