Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Top storage, 1st Gen PLEASE HELP

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ressurection, May 5, 2001.

1. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Some time ago someone posted great pics and diagrams, pages, etc. for storing the top for a 1st gen. It was an overhead system. I should have printed it back then but thought I could find it. Anyway, I can't. I did the search and didn't come up w/ anything. Does anyone know this post?
    Thanks!

You can't beat going Topless!

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I posted some of my own setup in a series I called the "Pulleys From Hell"...[​IMG]

I was a well conceived plan to use 3 pulleys and a crank-type winch to lift the top off the vehicle. The actual result was that my design was not strong enough to support all the weight, and needs some re-designing on the pulley mounts.

You may also be thinking of the one the JBOY posted. He had a simple but effective way to use 2x4s and ropes with loops to hang the top from the ceiling. Unfortunately, his website is temporarily unavailable but he should still be checking these boards, so maybe he'll jump in and post some pics.

-Greg72

3. Ressurection

greg, thanks for the reply, yes, your's was one I wanted!
    Pete.

4. Ressurection

There was also one I seem to remember that had pretty detailed explanations on how/where to drill holes in the 2x4's to position pins so the top doesn't splay out, does that ring a bell?