Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Top Ten Reasons My New Cell Phone Rules (attn: Canmore)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And guess what, there's only one reason and it kicks so much butt that it doesn't need another nine reasons to back it up.............................:haha:

So the other day, I'm in town cause I'm stuck on the dreaded day shift. Now most cops like myself hate day shift. Reasons could be from the fact that there's more honest type people out during the day and we're just interested in talking to the not so honest type people. Also, during day shift, one has to be really aware of the actions they take. Now I'm not talking about pulling

stunts like beating down some scrot or racing around like you are at Indy, but even the most innocent little thing we may do can and will be miss construed by some citizen and it's a complaint. On top of the normal stuff that comes along with day shift, in my agency, we are also stuck with transporting inmates to and from court. Some days it's pretty light, we might haul one or two up and be there all of thirty minutes, or we're on the merry-go-round and in court all day long. It pretty well sucks, but I better get on to why my cell phone will kick the ass of any other cell phone on the planet if they fought.

I stepped into the local cell phone provider to pick up my new department phone. We signed a new contract but since our old phones were out of warranty, we had to get new phones. Now for me, this irritated me. I'm not a big fan of cell phones, but I live with the evil. I personally like to have a cell phone to be somewhat personalized. My personal cell phone, when it rings plays the theme to "The A-Team." Even though "Bad Boys" tells people to mind their P's and Q's, it's quite literally overplayed and the theme to one of the all time greatest TV shows tells people to back the **** down cause I mean business..............................:haha:

I have noticed on these new phones, the selection of ring tones pretty well sucks. My last work cell phone, I had some pimping gayass hip hop ringtone just because it easily irritated people. So with this new phone, I went back to the office to set it up and I was not looking forward to picking out the ringtone for fear that the gayness was going to be running rampant.

As I started scrolling through the selections, I noticed that the gayness was in fact running rampant and was starting to feel the need to run home and wrap myself in my NO MAAM t-shirt. As I got down to the bottom, I noticed one selection. Of course no red-blooded American could pass up the opportunity to jam out to "The Star Spangled Banner" for a few seconds, but the selection under that caught my eye, "Canada." I thought to myself "No way. There is absolutely no way in hell would some long haired, goofball stoner working in some backwater cell phone factory would think to have the Canadian National Anthem as a ringtone, so I clicked on it and to my surprise it was the ****ing Canadian National Anthem as a ringtone. I thought to myself there's about no ****ing ringtone cooler than this, well except for the ones I have already mentioned.

So my brethren north of the border, I salute you. I'm with you. Everytime my cell phone rings, I am there singing "Oh Canada." Hopefully y'all will accept this American bred, goofball redneck as a wannabe Canadian brother. Well except for Quebec and parts of Ontario......................................

:saweet: :saweet: :saweet:

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Heres to you Mr. Canadian National Anthem ringtone maker

[high pitched background vocals]

Oh Canada!!!!!

Ira

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

:haha: that's wild!

my neighbor, who's a deputy also, has his set up on the "Bad Boys" theme also. I almost choked when I heard it while eating lunch with him the other day. :D

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

HEEHEE!!!! I love it.......:woot:

On behalf of the Almighty Beaver, Purveyor of the Most Holy of Oil, I salute you.......:bow:

FWIW, Corey has his phone programmed to play the Canuck national anthem whenever I call him. It's really put a damper on my ability to fock with this mind, since he knows it's me before he even answers.

5. gauder

gauder Banned

My Home and Native Land......

6. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

speaking of that nut muncher....how the hell is he doing? tell him to give me a call sometime.

7. Can Can

DOn't you mean "OUR home and native land"?

:shame: :shame: :rotfl:

8. gauder

gauder Banned

Just trying to personalize it a little boss. But you got me. Loss of beaver oil privledges for the rest of the week for being a bad Canuck.

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

dont you have *67? :D

10. Can Can

I haven't talked to him in a couple of weeks. I'm sure he's busy with school- for some of us, operating heavy equipment comes naturally. Unfortunately for Corey, he has to work really hard to pick up the skills. I TOLD him he needs to realize that he should stick to running a tow truck. After all, it takes a REAL man to run excavators and such.........

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

11. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

yea, since he's used to "pulling something" :D

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I can say that we have somewhat loose radio discipline at times. There's been more than once I have heard that over my car radio from another cop. The best though was one night, my partner found "East Bound and Down" on the radio and played it. Right after he unkeyed, I flipped my XM channel and "Convoy" was playing. Let's just say I'm a pussy when it comes to playing music on the county freq so I refrained. I caught up with him and the dispatcher later that night in the office and he says, "it would have been great if someone played 'Convoy' right after that.":haha: :haha: :haha:

:D :D :D

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

Sodbuster, you wanna put that microbus in behind that suicide jockey?
    yeah, he's haulin dynamite, and he needs all the help he can get.

14. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

yea, that would have put the icing on the cake if you had of. :haha:

15. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

You have Chuck Norris, for a cellphone???:eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Chuck Norris is officially scared of my cell phone......................

17. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I just want you to know, I caught myself whistling that song just a minute ago while making my rounds thru the plant :doah: :crazy: .

18. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!:haha: :haha: :haha:

19. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

my cuz has texas chain saw masacre on his.bbbrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrr

20. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The rookie welder kid at work has the Hockey Night in Canada theme for his ringtone...a close second to "Oh Canada". Everytime his phone rings I get this uncontrollable urge to sit down, crack a beer and hide the remote from my kids. :crazy: Then the trance breaks and I realize I'm still at work...

Kinda like Pavlov's dog, only sorta not.

Rene