Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Top Truck Challenge entry date change!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Stephen, Dec 6, 2000.

1. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I just found out that Top Truck Challenge entries are now due by DEC 15, NOT JAN 4 like it says in the mag. They had "production scheduling changes" and need them earlier. If you want to enter, the form and photo need to be AT Fourwheeler ON DEC 15.
    Spread the word if you know anyone interested.

SW-ORD

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

It will be a few years before I am ready! :(

Are you going to enter Stephan??? Be sure to have a CK5 sticker and ORD sticker on when they take your picks! :) I am sure you would blow all of them out of the water!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. Stephen

We're going to have an entry.

SW-ORD

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Will it be the green Blazer or at least a K5?????

If so, you know you have a guarunteed 1500 or so votes from here including mine!!!!!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

5. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

If Top Truck keeps going in another 5 yrs you will have to enter a tank just to have a fighting chance. It sure is nice to watch, but nowadays you have to drop 50+ into a vehicle to even have a fighting chance.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

6. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

If Top Truck keeps going in another 5 yrs you will have to enter a tank just to have a fighting chance. It sure is nice to watch, but nowadays you have to drop 50+ into a vehicle to compete

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

7. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

I agree with Mike, we need a someone from CK5 to enter! He'll 1500 plus votes from the guys on this site alone. Be nice if Stephan enters. Keep us posted - Jay

8. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Got my entry in a month ago. Vote for me!

[​IMG]

9. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Butch is right. I was looking through some of the old Four Wheeler mags at TTC 1995 or 1996. Almost everyone was using 33's with 1/2 ton axles and smaller engines. Now its 44 inch boggers, 1 ton drivetrain and a 600hp big block.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

10. Stephen

I think any well set up rig with a GOOD, SMART driver and spotter would do well at Top Truck. Regardless of tire size, etc. Look at the Sami from last year. If he didn't pull a brain donor move in the tank trap, they might have finished higher yet. And the Cherokee broke a front driveshaft that should have been beefed, and he did fairly well in the trap. More driving and building experience and he'd have finished it I think.
    I think to win you do need 40" up tires and adequate power to weight ratio. The rocks are big and the mud is deep!

SW-ORD

11. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Unfortunately, even if you do have a well set up rig and a great driver and a wonderful spotter, You need to impress the General (nonintelligent)public to get into the top ten. Sadly, they see something with 44" boggers and 9zillion horsepower and they say, Ooooooh, look at those, im gonna vote for him. So rarely do we see a more budget rig with better drivers.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

12. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

It was nice to see Quagmyre(sp?) whoop ass in the acceleration event several years back. BTW where did he go? Maybe he'll be back as a $100,000.00 sniper/quagmyre hybrid with four wheel steer, 1,000 hp alcohol big block, 56" tractor tires, air bag susp, and run a 9.0 in the 1/4 mile. They should put some guidelines down. I thought it was the top TRUCK challenge. Oh yeah, good luck to you all entering, wish my hoodoo was in one piece. It still hasn't recovered from the tractor!