Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Top4x4Sites - UPDATE -

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by EB_lover, Dec 10, 2001.

1. EB_lover

EB_lover Registered Member

Some of you may have noticed that Tacoma Territory is no longer on the Top4x4Sites list. I know that K5 had a "friendly" rivalry going with them so I just wanted to let you know that they weren't banned from the list.

The webmaster of their site asked to be removed. He felt the competition was getting out of hand and I would have to agree.

The whole point of Top4x4Sites is show off some great 4x4 sites and have a little fun competing against each other. But in the end it doesn't prove who's brand of truck, or even who's site is best. It's just a game, and it's supposed to be fun.

So when the next challenger comes looking to take you're spot at 1st place (who knows, it might even be a Bronco site!) don't take it too seriously! OK? Thanks! See you on the trails.

Jon Hanna
    http://ClassicBroncos.com

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Thats really too bad, wow now there is like a 1000 vote difference between 1st and 2nd ... [​IMG]

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Actually Jon, the rivalry we had with them was anything BUT friendly(unlike the "relationship"[​IMG] we have with your site). I'm sure you've heard by now of the dirty tricks they tried to play on us by posting links that misled our members to vote for their site. I might also mention that a few of their members registered here and caused nothing but trouble......

I honestly can't say that I'm sad to see them go......

<font color=blue> NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>

4. EB_lover

EB_lover Registered Member

Yeah, I was keeping an eye on both forums. And I saw unfriendly stuff on both, and from both sides. They were just quicker at deleting posts from your guys.

Anyway, I'd like to move on if we can. I'm not holding out too much hope of catching you folks this month [​IMG] but maybe we'll rally next month.

Jon Hanna
    http://ClassicBroncos.com

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

anyone with the "run what you brung" attitude is welcome "competition" but i see it as a fun addition.
    I am glad to see them go...

-zakk

'77 1-Ton K5

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

6. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

IMHO. They came to the realization that they couldn't run with the "big dogs", and they couldn't stand the thought of being second, so they decided to "stay on the poarch"!!! [​IMG]

'85 K5 : Run it til it breaks, then fix it and go again!

7. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

You know I popped over to their forum to take a look at what was so great. And I'll be honest, I found it sad that they had posts mentioning how to delete cookies in an effort to cheat the counter. In addition, there was one guy that had everyone in his lab sign into TTORA just to vote.

I have seen posts on this site about needing to vote. But I have NEVER seen a post about cheating or how to cheat or about getting everyone in their office to vote for them or running around to every PC in the office just to place a vote. I think that is pretty darn sad.

As I stated in another post, it's pretty cool being number one. Afterall, I originally found this site through Top4x4. But, even if TTORA or even a Furd site (LOL) had been #1, I still would have come here. Afterall, I own a Jimmy! Not a taco or a furd.

We always appreciate a friendly rivalry (OU sucks), but it is sad when one has to resort to cheating. I think you would agree.

See ya, tacoma.

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I found it sad that they had posts mentioning how to delete cookies in an effort to cheat the counter.

<hr></blockquote>

Sad to say, I've seen the same thing over here [​IMG]

Don't hit me, Mr. Moderator... I'll go back on topic... I swear![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

9. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Bummer. I guess I just missed those. Shame on us.

Brian
    Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://tx85gmcguy.alloffroad.com>My Jimmy</a> with all her projects!

10. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Ya, we had some here but there were always 10 people to reply to them giving them hell about posting how to cheat. From what I hear about them they encouraged it or just let it slide. We defintily discouraged it.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.