Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Topless and Crunched

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DUKE, May 11, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

yeah took the top off, too sweet. Drove it around wheeling and crunched up the bottom of the front passenger side, felt kinda good too.

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I'm fixin to pop the top tomorow, the weather is just to tempting not to.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's raining here, and I woke up to snow thismorning.

4. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

i took the top off mine on friday and went muddin with it off. got mud all inside. lol. was fun. gonna be a pain to clean up but i'm gonna do it. it was fun hittin a lil mud pit and seein my rooser tails and seein the people in the back get caked. that was fun. later.

jacob

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I've had it off all week. It going back on till it fall though. Rains should be starting soon and its just too damn hot here in Florida. Temps are in the low to mid 90's. But once fall is here I will have a soft top and you can bet the sides will be rolled up all the time.

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

top?? we don't need no stinkin top!! I don't even have one for mine!!

7. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

dude that sucks! it hasnt dropped below 90 here in a month. i take that back we had a cold front and it did hit 80 for one day.LOL

nathan

8. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I dont own a top for mine either.

Dan

9. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I dont think a top will even fit yours anymore DD! Its a liiitle bit outta square. LOL!! Im still amazed at how well the top held up in that roll.

I keep threatening to pop the top on mine but we have some punk asses living next to me that just got their eviction notice last nite, and Im afraid theyd do something. PI1 was broken into and that was enuff to cure me for wanting to be topless living in town.

10. DesertDueler

Well, my tailgate still opens and closes fine. So a top might fit back on /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Dont know because I never thought about putting one back on. No top and no doors make it easier for people to steal stuff. I got my speakers stolen out of mine.

Dan

11. Pure Insanity

If I end up going topless I will need to find a way to make my tach a quick release or something, and Ill put in a $39.95 Wally Mart special radio.

Are you still driving it on the roads?

12. DesertDueler

Not anymore. Unfortunatly I am parting it out. I havent had a job in a couple of months and I need the money. I will build another one someday, my girlfriend really loves the truck and doesnt want to see it go.

Dan

13. Pure Insanity

Bummer! Sorry to hear it man. Esp. since your G/F likes it. Thats a rarity, esp. for a rolled over beat up whats left of a K5. LOL!

14. ratpack7

ratpack7 Guest

In Salt Lake right as I think the weather is going to be nice I decide to take my top off. Then the first day I get off to do it it rains. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

15. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Have had the top off for two-three weeks, the kids love it, especially when I get a chance to pick my daughter up from school!! It is only going to get hotter here (Oklahoma), so I have until August to leave it off. Thank God for carports & detachable face stereos.

John

16. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Another reason the tops go back on, I miss my stereo. pureinsanity, I don't blame you for keeping the top on living in town. If I lived in town I would keep it on unless I had a garage to keep it in.

17. Pure Insanity

HEHE!! I dont think itll fit in a garage. When PI1 got broken into (well he actually climbed over the side, I had shaved handles and they couldnt figure out how to open the doors.LOL!) the POS stole the tach off my dash. He trashed my dash pad and destroyed the tach ripping it out. Guess he didnt take into account I had a 3/8 in. shank, bolt going thru the metal framework of the dash. So at least he didnt get to use it. The funny part is the he stepped over the COMPLETE hydro set up I had on the floor for the tilt nose. Pump, rams, hoses, wiring ETC. Dumbass!

18. 1bad82k5

1bad82k5 1/2 ton status

It has been raining and snowing one day and 70 and sunny the next day. I have had my top off since the end of march. Just have to keep a tarp with me in case it starts to rain while I am at work. At night I have been putting it in the garage. Of course, I only have to drive about a mile and a half to work, so i can stand the cold morning air for that long.
    eric

19. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

i had mine off for three weeks, but now that i have a chance to go out this weekend to mud, i put it back on. i will either take it off at home or take it off in mont eagle for the trip over memorial day weekend.