Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Topless Burb...***Update***

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ratpack7, Jul 10, 2002.

1. ratpack7

ratpack7 Guest

Sorry to get you hopes up guys... I talked to them today and they just cut the top to put it on another truck...it's going to the shreder.
    I was soooooo... Disapointed /forums/images/icons/frown.gif
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    I thought I d post this a shop just down the street from me is cutting the top off a Suburban.
    Look's preety cool right now it has the doors off and is gutted. I'll see if I can talk to them and maybe get pics.
    anyone in SLC, Ut it's at Knight Design ( I think thats it Knight somthing? ) about 3900 south State.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Re: Topless Burb...

yes get pics!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I haven't seen one yet but I really don't see the point in a topless suburban.

4. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

There is a topless 'burb near me in Nipomo, CA. They just cut off from the roof to the top of the tailgate all the way from the back of the truck to just behind the back doors. Would be cool if you could rig it up so that you could use a blazer top (or has that been done?)

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i'm gonna do that one day. i'll get another suburban and cut the back off so it can use a blazer soft top and still have barn doors. just cut the doors level with the new bed sides. kinda like the way excursions open up out back.

6. ratpack7

ratpack7 Guest

this one is cut all the way from the windshiled to the tailgate.