Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Topless...OOOOOHHHHHHH YEEAAAAHHH!!!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ressurection, May 30, 2001.

1. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Went topless for the 1st time(top's never been off in 29 yrs!) in the Orange Blossom Special a couple w.ends ago, the weather hasn't been cooperative so haven't had much chance to cruise. BUT...the WIFE actually has been anxious to ride in it!!!!!!!! Just about fell over when she said that!

I can't believe how little wind there is in the cabin!

I also can't believe how many friggen screws to take the interior panels off. I think I'll leave it off year round since I don't drive it in the winter anyway.

The engineers really got the top-thing right in '73! Too bad they f***ed up the steel for the bodies!

Anyway, that's my rant!

You can't beat going Topless!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ressurection on 05/30/01 09:22 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. 72GMCJIMMY

72GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A DOUBLE WALL TOP. THE SINGLE WALL IS NOT BAD TO GET OFF. I'VE HAD MINE OFF FOR A MONTH. IT'S GREAT.

3. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

Took mine off 2 weeks ago. Other than some June gloom in May(overcast), the weather has been great. When the top comes off DaBeast it's officially summer around here. All of a sudden all my friends want me to do the drivin'. Even with only 2 seats.
    Enjoy being topless, I sure do.

Don't get too sunburned

Chris