Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

topless suburban spotted in phoenix!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddysub, Jul 8, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i saw a pretty cool lookin topless suburban here a few days ago, not sure on the year didnt see the grille. but it was brown and had the top cut off in the back like a k5. it also had a big WTO sticker on the windshield. was this a ck5 member??

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Ummmmmmmmmm and you didn't get pics????????????????

Hunt the thing down and get pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. muddysub

ill try next time i see it i will. it goes to my skool in the mornings so next time im there early ill try to get some spy shots.

4. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

dood... isnt it about time you cut the beast's back window & top out? Make it a 1974 Chevy Avalanche... only much cooler with sharper edges and blow-torch marks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

one of these days i wanna make it a FULL convertable /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. muddysub

[ QUOTE ]

one of these days i wanna make it a FULL convertable

[/ QUOTE ] dude i personally wouldnt do that but i think yur HELLA cool for wanting to do it.

7. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i have always wanted to cut 1 been talking about it for over a year. wish we could see some pics /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

There was one cut behind the rear doors in a magazine a while back. I don't remember which magazine though. It looked nice. It said he had a custom soft top made for the back. The only bad thing about the rig was the hole cut in the cowl hood for the blower scoop. Why have a cowl induction hood if your going to cut a hole in it.

9. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I remember that sub. I thought it was so cool on the cover, but then I found out that the back does not take a K-5 topper and it has 1/2-ton axles. Perhaps the rear of a sub is too different to take a K-5 top, but it would be coolest to set it up that way so that standard hard-tops and soft-tops could be used. A sub is long enough that it wouldn't really be a convertible for the driver, but it would be like a pre-Avalanche

10. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Well, if and when my burb ever becomes a dedicated trail rig, it will become a convertable /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah that was four wheeler, it had some sick stroked motor with GOBS of torque big tires and 10 bolts!

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

someone on this site has cut and fabbed on a k5 top to their burb...With pics, but I don't remember who... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

13. Green71

Green71 Registered Member

It must be doable because I saw one too.... it was blue with 35's under it. The guy cut off the back and put a k5 top on it with the tailgate and electric window. It had weatherstripping and all. looks like they used the lip off of the back of the cab on the k5 so the top would set on there right with the weatherstripping. It was a real sharp 'burban i do have to admit.