Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Topless - yeah!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I have been running "topless" all week and I love it. Instantly cooler. I'm a little concerned about if I get caught in the rain, especially since I have 3 little ones in the backseat, but so far no rain when we're out. I made some kind of rig in the garage that a guy explained on here, with hooks and ratcheting tie-down straps. I updated my site today with a picture of me "driving topless". Definitely sounds funny, being a girl and all.. my topless pic is at http://polariswebdesign.com/andrea.htm . If you want pics of the garage rig, e-mail me at andrea@polariswebdesign.com !

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I pulled my top off on June 5th and it won't go back on until mid to late September. I do not have any carpet or a back seat though so the rain doesn't bother me much.

It is like driving a completely different truck though. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Rene

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Very cool those tops come off for a reason. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Topless women are fun to see /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif .....Even if it's only their
    K-5's /forums/images/icons/frown.gif ...... let's see one of those new $30K SUV's /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif do that..... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I took mine off about a week ago and am looking for a used tonneau cover to make a rear cover from the sun/rain (like it ever rains here in AZ)....

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I'm with Rene, screw rain! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I have my top off pretty much year round except for a about a 2 week long period we call winter around here! /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

6. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

How are you going to do the tonneau? My hubby got a brand new, in the box tonneau cover that is brown for like $10. He is going camo with his pickup truck so it would go well, but then he got a roll bar and said he might not use the tonneau ;-). Being that my K5 is brown, maybe I can sweet talk him out of it. Only thing that concerns me is making some kind of rear support to hold the thing up off of my kid's heads! We can bend pipe from 1.5 - 3 inches at his work, just not sure where to mount something like that, with wheel wells in the way and stuff.

7. Storm24m

Storm24m 1/2 ton status

Soon baby soon! My soft top came in a few days ago and I got the storage shed today. Hmmm....4 day weekend coming up....hmmm /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Mine is coming off this weekend for good. Next install the roll cage and then the K-liner top. Can't afford paint with all this stuff but then again who needs paint?

9. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I pulled mine off back in April.Usually put in back on around November.But I don't think it will be going back on.

10. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

I mounted my rear support to the bed rail using the hard top bolts and holes.

11. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

12. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

It's rained every day this week here and I haven't even turned the key on my 75 in over a week. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Been working on this freaking trailer nonstop since frinday (some way to spend a vacation). I ran out of steel last night. Need the trailer to go pick up the last 12 feet I need. Trailer is don enough that about 45 minutes work I can get it street legal to go get the steel. Problem is I need to go to Northern to get the right length safety chain.
    Now taking the top off my 75 is a one person job taking about 5 minutes and ALL of if comes off /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    [​IMG]

13. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Do you have a pic? Where did you get the rear support, or did you make it? I think I can get the tonneau from hubby. It will probably cost me some good home cookin' and some uh... yeah. Just need that rear support. We can bend pipe and weld but I'm thinking that if I put it on the bed rails, it would just flop over. Is there more to it? Please tell me more! It was raining today and I had to drive the car. So sad /forums/images/icons/frown.gif . Poor me.

14. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Anybody got some good tips or photos they could share on building a rig to lift off and store my top in the garage. I live in one of those neighborhoods with all the ridiculous restrictions and can't store my top outside of the garage. What was I thinking? I hinted about taking my wife's spot, but she just gave me one of those looks, you know the kind. So any light you can shed on the subject is appreciated.

15. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I'm just getting around to making my own safari-style soft top. Have you by chance got any pics of your rear support? Thanks in advance!

16. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

my top has been off since march!! One or two of those days was Cold when driving in AM rush hour. If it it no raining for snowing or mud fling, the soft top is off.

THE CAVE OF DEATH!!!