Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Topper Window???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ArrowheadK5, Sep 2, 2001.

1. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

I just thought of this, has anyone ever fit a topper window on thier hardtop? So it would swing up instead of sliding down nto the gate? Seems it would be less prone to failure, but I don't know if oyu can bolt/screw stuff to the hardtop or if you couldd find a window to fit.
    Thanks again guys,
    Tom

Four wheel drive, four wheel expenses...

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if you know how to work with fiberglass you could do it. you just need to know the properties of glass mat and the resin. what you can and cant do with it. this is a good point. i think as soon as i get some time, TOMORROW MAYBE? i will make a fiberglass properties page. i work with it on aircraft almost everyday. so i will try to help you guys out a bit.
    Grant
    i will put a post up when it is done

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

3. 78Jimmyish

78Jimmyish 1/2 ton status

I don't know about the fiberglass used on the topper, but I work with fiberglass in boats a little bit (I work in the fab/welding shop for a boat company.) It would seem to me that as long as you put a decent sized backing plate on it and thru-bolt through that, you'd be okay - but I'd wait for 74's properties post before you do anything. It'll probably tell you how big a backing plate you'd need to use to distribute the force.