Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tore my contact lens...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Sep 14, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

My left contact has been bothering me for a few days, but I just figured it was allergies, so have kind of been ignoring it.
    This morning, it started becoming unbearable, so I bought a bottle of rewetting drops (which I've never used in 15 years), and a bottle of saline since I'm running low at home anyway.
    I put the wetting drops in my eye, felt a tiny bit better, but then started feeling worse and hurt a bit to close my eye. I popped out the contact to clean it and make sure there wasn't a giant glob on it or something, and noticed a little rip at the edge.
    I used to carry spares, but used them when I forgot to re-order once, and haven't replaced them (the spares), so I have none.

Now I'm in the city with a torn contact irritating the crap out of my eye, occasional and randomly going 100% blurry, giving me a wicked headache, and I rode the motorcycle to the train today, so I need full vision to get home to where my contacts are that will provide me with full vision... I can't ride a bike with the way I blink and go :eek1:, it screws up my entire field of vision for a few seconds :eek1: :eek1:. I'm gonna have to get my wife to come get me, go home and change my eye, then go back and get the bike. So much for saving that fuel...

I wear a freaky prescription, too, so no optical places in the city have my prescr. in stock for me to come buy one. 'Skuse while I step out to buy an eye patch...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i used to hate that crap thats why i went out and got LASIK :D

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Thy sin is vanity

I tried them once, couldn't stand the hassle

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Wow that would really be a bad situation. How far is your house from where you were "stranded"?

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Galsses are cool looking i think, sometimes i wish i had to wear them .

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Not vanity, RJ, full vision. I don't think I'd mind wearing glasses out of the house if I could see as well in them. I have giant blurry spots for peripheral vision with glasses on, not to mention noone's been able to get my prescription as good as it is with contacts for 20 years.
    With contacts, I have much better vision, and complete peripheral vision.

Steve, I was in the city. I live about 40 miles out from the city, but take a train, so I didn't have much riding to do. My train station is about 3-4 miles from home. I ended up falling asleep on the train feeling miserable, and woke up with my eye in much better shape, so I rode the bike home after all.

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Not that I need any vision correction procedures (I'm 20/20), how much is a LASIK operation? Just curious. :thinking:

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

No offense.... wierd thogh I didn't know that

Sounds like a royal pain in the ass though