Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TORNADO AIR GIZZMO

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by blazingjesse, Apr 5, 2001.

1. blazingjesse

blazingjesse 1/2 ton status

Has any body tried the new Tornado? yah , it's a thing that is said to give you more power and gas mileage, by twirling the air around ? or is it just a gimmic?

2. BMRCCR

BMRCCR Registered Member

It works by forcing air into the engine by making a swirl, hence the name tornado. I haven't used it, I'll just stick with K&N. Although... I don't see any reason they wouldn't work together, even with the K&N on top of a snorkel and the tornado at the manifold. You can never have to much volumetric effieiency (sp? that was so horrible I'm not going to try and correct it :) ). VE = good.

Anthnony

3. ccj8008

ccj8008 1/2 ton status

I have one. I got decreased mileage while towing. Running unloaded, the effect is unnoticeable (91 K3500 454 TBI).

4. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

You got DEcreased mileage when towing? Hmm, that sucks. How about unloaded? Same mileage? less? More?

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers

5. moose35

moose35 Registered Member

I got one a year or so ago. It seem to work at freeway speeds, a bit more milage, so I guess at today's gas prices it was worth it. Anything to help the milage.