Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tornado gizmo?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

OK, so maybe its silly, and all in my head, but I could swear I feel a difference. My neighbor watched an infomercial about this little aluminum thingy that you put into your air breather that is supposed to swirl the air before it goes thru the carb, mixing the gas and air, and speeding up the charge into the intake. He ordered it, but it doesnt fit in his car so he gave it to me to try for a bit. Well, like I said, I can swear I feel the difference. Has anyone ever tried it? Or heard anything about it? They claim like 20 HP increases, and 20% mileage gains. *shrug*
    What do ya think?

Mike
    /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I've seen the infomercial,but I wouldn't buy it! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

its all in your head /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The only way to know for sure is to keep a great record of your mileage with it AND then take it out and keep a great record of your mileage without it. I would say do at least 5 to 6 tanks of gas each way and make sure you drive under the same/similar conditions with each setup (don't burn out with one and not the other, don't tow with one and not the other, don't go up steep hills with one and not the other, don't accelerate harder with one and not the other, etc., etc.) and see for yourself. Also please post your findings. That is the only true way to know if it is true or all just in your head /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Only one way to be perfectly sure----DYNO! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, Ikinda figured its a gimmick, but thought Id give it a chance since it doesnt cost anything. I will run it for a week, then pull it out and see if I notice any change. That might be more noticeable then the opposite way. I will keep you all informed!

Mike

7. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

My neighbor and my uncle both had one. Had One...my uncle on his 98 Suburban and my neighbor on his 88 K-5 both 350's! Gimmick! Neither were impressed nor saw anymore gains than the K&N air filter they slapped on at the same time.

8. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i watched the tornado thing too.i didnt want to try it and spend 39.95 or whatever it was on crappy piece of aluminum.it looked nice on their little tests but let us know your "real world" experiences and maybe i'll try it then.they can manipulate any test to make it look good on paper so people will oggle at what they see.did you notice that infomercial is always like 2 am when someone is half asleep and they see things like that and buy one just cause they dont know any better at that time.i know ive bought a couple of dum things like that so im no better.sorry im ranting.feel like im the infomercial. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif