Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tornado's and Golf Ball Size Hail

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by behemoth, May 1, 2002.

1. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Tornado\'s and Golf Ball Size Hail

Round two tonight! Round one was last Sunday morning about 5:00 AM! We got missed again - but only within a forty mile radius. Too close for comfort. I love spring along the Ohio River!

Oops - another tornado watch just came out - until 4:00 AM - here we go again!

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Re: Tornado\'s and Golf Ball Size Hail

<font color=blue> I swear my biggest fear is hail ! It can do so much damage in a little amount of time !

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've been in some serious Tornado's. The worst was 88 in Council Bluff's, Ia. very scarry seeing a Tornado with 3 tails. Tree's being ripped out of the ground and landing all around us.

4. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I hear ya on the hail damage. We got a new roof a few years ago outa one storm. I have two vehicles with sunroof's (blazer being one) and both are not in a garage!!! We also have some VERY large trees real close to the house. THAT'S MY BIGGEST FEAR.

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Yeah - I was actually in a tornado when I was six years old in northern Indiana. It's all kinda blury, but I have very vivid memories of some real disturbing images (for a six year old). That was over forty years ago - but some memories are as clear as yesterday.

6. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Round 2 for us tonight and tomorrow also. We had round 1 just the other day. We had confirmations of tornados that touched down in 2 towns close to us and another was thought to be a tornado but was later determined to be straight line winds. Then there was an F5 Tornado just south of us.

I hate hail and storms. Espically when Wayne's K5 is sitting in peices and he has my car at work cuz he's stuck on 3rd shift this week. And i'm here with the kids's.....not a fun way to spend a night that they are saying could be as bad as the other night.

7. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Hang in there Donna. Do you guys have a FEMA (or local) warning system (sirens, etc) when severe weather brews up? Don't take the warnings lightly. Also - check the radar on wearher .com (or othes). Very helpful. Spend $40 on a weather radio, too. Mine can be a pain in the a$$ when it goes off all the time, but well worth it when things get hairy.

8. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

My truck and wifes car got hit with hail damage from that Tornado storm in Ft Worth last month.......I was in a weeklong school and she came to spend the night with me cause it was our "Two-month-a-versary".....if we had been home, both vehicles would have been in the garage......better yet, the hailstorm missed my town.......luckily, the damage was minor...just two or three dings apiece on the hood.....still pizzed me off.......Hell of a wind show, tho......golf ball sized hail is pretty impressive to watch....