Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

torque calculator

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rdn2blazer, Nov 29, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

found a cool torque calculator, dont know just how accurate it is but its a start point. does not have a prevision for if a lubricant is used though. common sence tells ya your torque should be reduced though.

I needed to figure out torque for a 5/8-18 cad plated grade 8 bolt in hard anodized 6061 T6 aluminum with a aprox. 81. thread engagement. its the best I could find so far. does seem kinda high at the recomended torque of 132 FT lbs., but I will creep up on it atleast. might install bolts with a touch of anti-sieze so as not to gall the aluminum. if I do I will have to liwer my torque ofcourse, to exactly what.....not sure.

http://www.futek.com/boltcalc.aspx

2. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

cool find. this should be something handy to have. I hate having to always stop what I'm doing and go hunt for the shop manual.

3. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

The CAD plate will act as lube. Yeah, thats a pretty universal calculator, nice find. I'd recommend a keen-sert or helicoil, my vintage .02.:D