Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Torque Converter bolt size?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jonny-K5, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i want a new converter for my 65 2wd GMC. it has a TH400, but according to all the catalogs they either have a small bolt pattern or big pattern. i could get it with dual patterns, but that costs more. anyone know what i need? motor is a 350.

2. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

maybe go measure your flex plate and then campare it to the 2 patterns they are selling

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

just about every flexplate i have seen are a dual pattern. can't remember what the pattern is but it should work.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I beleive "MOST" TH400's use the larger bolt circle pattern,there are some exceptions--I know the 500 caddy motors flexplate has only the large pattern,probably since its the only tranny GM put behind the RWD ones with the 500 motor--I realized this when I was thinking of putting the 500 I have in my C10,I would have had to put a TH400 converter in my TH350 tranny to be able to bolt up the caddy flexplate,if I was to use the original tranny in the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    maybe go measure your flex plate and then campare it to the 2 patterns they are selling

[/ QUOTE ]

i would, but my truck is about 2 inches off the ground so i gotta spend a half hour jacking it up to do anything. i'd rather figure it out without doing that. i think i'll hit up a summit tech guy, they usually know stuff like this.