Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

torque converter bolts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1979jimmy350, Jan 23, 2006.

1. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

I miss place the bolts for my torque converter. I have a older style converter so the nuts are not welded to the converter. All i can find at parts stores are the newer metric ones for converter with the nuts welded to them. Where can i find the older type. I tried the hardware store but i think they are a special size

2. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

I know that the bolts for the flex plate are special self centering types for the clutch plate, but I did not think that was the case for the torque converted (I could be wrong). I get 99% of the bolts I need from OSH...they are cheaper than a specialty shop and have damn near every size grade 8 I have ever needed.

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Exactly, don't scrimp, get ARP. Think about it, all the torque you have, twisting all the traction you have (and you worked real hard to get as much as possible without breaking), stompin it to get out of a stuck, and where is it all going? Three bolts. The reason it works, by the way, is because they have about six inches of leverage.:D