Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

torque converter?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sunnyc123abc, Dec 21, 2006.

1. sunnyc123abc

sunnyc123abc 1/2 ton status

Would anybody recomend the B&M tork master converter for my 700r4?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  2. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had a Sat Night Special Truck converter from them and hated it. That was supposed to stall around 2000 but I seem to remember it was more like 2300 in my truck. I soon took that out and put one of their HD/RV ones in which I really like.

4. sunnyc123abc

Ok, so it looks like tci sizzler won't cut it for me. So what are your thoughts on B&M tork master converters.

5. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

most of the aftermarket converters are geared towards performance for street cars with big cams and such. You need to look for a 4x4 offroad specific converter. First thing is what type of driving are you doing? how much does your rig weigh? what gear ratio? what tire size? do you need one due to cam size or do you just want to put one in cause you already have the trans out?

If your mud racing with a big cam you want more stall to get the engine into its max power range right out of the hole. If you use that same setup rock crawling you'll hate it because it will sit and stall when you need to be moving. In other words make sure what you really need is what you buy so you only do it once.

6. sunnyc123abc

84 blazer 305,700r4, 208, 12 bolt 4.56, and 35" tires. The reason im getting a new one , is because mine has a crack on the shaft. So now I am looking for a replacement for this. the tranny was rebuild 2 years ago. The blazer is a DD and some offroading. Also I need a torque converter this weekend, and since i live right next to PAW i was asking about the B&M then sell.

7. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

that makes sense to me. First thing you should do is make sure the bushing in the pump is good. Then call the B&M tech line and give them the info I posted earlier plus anything else they may want and they will be able to tell you exactly what part number you need for the driving you do. At that point go get it or the closest thing they have. I have made the mistake of buying what I thought I needed instead of being honest with myself about how I drive the majority of the time vs how I would like to drive and hated the setup. That's why I say call the tech line. Every since I started doing this with cams and converters I have always gotten exactly what I needed and the combo's have worked perfectly.