Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Torque Converter

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by RLBstein, Sep 7, 2001.

1. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

I know people have answered this before but can anyone recommend a T/C for the 6.2L w/ 700R4. I think mine is bad.
    I seem to have problems with acceleration at times (like i've lost torque), and when at idle or when moving at low speeds it seems to shake the truck like a washing machine thats out of balance (well not that bad). It's just a theory but it feels like the trans fluid isn't filling the T/C til' I get moving past 10mph. This Torque Converter sat almost empty for 2 years before I installed it on the truck. Any suggestions?

85 Blazer on an 82 chassis, 6.2L Diesel, ORD flip, 35's on a 4" lift.

2. Blazr77400

Blazr77400 1/2 ton status

An Art Carr Torque Converter would be my Choice. They are pretty spendy, about $500 But you wouldn't have to worry about it. I had a custom one made thats damn near the same thing and had 0 problems.

3. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

Have you tried flushing the old tranny fluid out? I just bought my diesel K5 in June, and it was kind of acting that way. I took it to an oil change place where they did an ATF system flush, and it's driving a LOT better now.